cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dear Oculus,

inovator
Consultant
I have been a loyal rifter since 2016. Im enjoying my quest and have issues with the rift s. As you know your headset has many issues. It's kind of ironic you made a headset easier for the masses to use. At least in theory. But instead of ease it is creating aggregation and frustration probably for most people. It's not good pr to keep quiet and not acknowledge the situation. Maybe you need to hire better pr people. If you at least were keeping in touch with us to let us know what is happening and give us some sort of firmware time frame it would be helpful.many people will be returning there rifts and maybe rebuy when you have a fix but you may lose many customers as well. Many newbie customers were poisoned to vr  and you may never see them again. They will probably tell their friends about their experience. Believe it or not I'm not bitter. I'm just disappointed but I'm planning on sticking with oculus until this is worked out. I have had years of enjoyment and love the rift s when it's working. I wish oculus the best of luck and I wish oculus would start doing the right thing.

Sincerely.

Inovator 
16 REPLIES 16

Is this about the tracking when Touch controllers are near the headset?
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

inovator
Consultant
A big problem has been the black screen. Other problems including legitimate tracking problems have been reported as well. And other complaints. When controllers are to close to the headset like trying to aim in fps games the tracking is less accurate which is normal for this tech. It has to do with inside camera placement. That's why some members prefer outside tracking 

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee
Ok let me try this too! Here's my message to Oculus and the universe.

Dear Oculus, 

I've always loved you, ever since the first moment I set eyes on my Rift and Touch controllers.

The end.
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee

inovator said:

Believe it or not I'm not bitter. I'm just disappointed...

I think this is how we all feel mate, everybody who has bought Rift S and had problems with black screens or tracking issues. Just disappointed. Maybe the Rift S was rushed, who knows. 

I'm sure CV2 will be amazing though, I still have faith they can do it!
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm probably the only one happy with my Rift S lol

I'm getting a white screen flash every now and then but I'm sure that'll be sorted out when the next PTC is released, assuming they don't squeeze the fix into the official 1.28 update this month.

I did have tracking issues but they've been mostly sorted out when I changed my Lighting Frequency to 60Hz in the Settings. Still not perfect but I'm happy to wait for Oculus and Carmack to work their magic with their predictive algorithms during these next couple of months.

inovator
Consultant

snowdog said:

I'm getting a white screen flash every now and then but I'm sure that'll be sorted out when the next PTC is released, assuming they don't squeeze the fix into the official 1.28 update this month.

I did have tracking issues but they've been mostly sorted out when I changed my Lighting Frequency to 60Hz in the Settings. Still not perfect but I'm happy to wait for Oculus and Carmack to work their magic with their predictive algorithms during these next couple of months.

Glad to see some members are having very few problems.

MowTin
Expert Trustee
Dear Oculus,

If I go blind from eye strain, I'm suing Zuck for $30 billion. Then I'm buying the company and ordering the production of a Rift-S Premium with headphones and IPD adjustment so others don't go blind like I did. 

Unfortunately, I won't be able to enjoy this new product after losing my vision. I'll have to comfort myself with a hot tub full of gold diggers.  

--Sincerely Yours
IPD 70
i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee

snowdog said:

I didn't notice any difference at all going from 50hz to 60hz, no idea why. And I always play with my lights on. Although with my old CV1 I would often play in the dark and had no issues.

Do you not miss your CV1 tracking with Constellation? What kind of games do you play?

I really could bare it in the end, it just sucked so much for me with the games I was playing.

GTKyle5
Honored Guest
I just feel completely defeated and betrayed, bought a Rift then shortly after S was announced... I would have waited. I havent played a VR game since..