cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big flaw with movies in VR, total showstopper, expertise needed [NotSerious]

JohanTEAswe
Expert Protege
I'm completely new to VR. I bought an Oculus Quest two weeks ago and is experiencing new things constantly. Most things are quite awesome and mind altering stuff.

Now to the problem...  I really like watching 3D movies in VR. But! How do you eat with the VR headset on???

What have you, more experienced VR sensei's, come up?
What are your tricks to not slobber or spread popcorn all over the room? Or is it impossible to munch on treats while in VR?
5 REPLIES 5

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Sweets yes meals no, take it off  😄
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

kojack
MVP
MVP
Soylent and a straw.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

bubimude
Explorer
Maybe they can add in VR popcorn, all the fun of eating during the movie with no mess and no weight gain.

JohanTEAswe
Expert Protege

kojack said:

Soylent and a straw.

Straws are indeed a basic necessity for watching movies in VR. ?
Then there is the risk of tipping over the glas... But there are solutions to that.

Basically things with straw or hard small candy is fine. While large things, sticky things or things that need a spoon or a fork is not an option. So no ice-cream, which is sad. I might need to look in to astronaut food, most of that is served with a straw... Hmmmm...

saami81
Rising Star
Watching movie in bathtub is always a good option. You can spill how much you like and afterwards just wash yourself in tub. Easier, if you are watching movie naked already.