cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beat saber won't update

WolfgangWaltenberger
Honored Guest
Hey, about a month ago I have bought beat saber in the oculus store. Things are working nicely, the updates are great. Except the most recent update, 0.12.1, just won't install. The oculus program simply says "couldnt install, please contact occulus support". Anybody knows whats going on?
30 REPLIES 30

Nij
Heroic Explorer
Yep, still happening to me i'm afraid, even after several windows and oculus app updates, the problem isn't going away

Known
games so far, beat saber, killing floor, lone echo, space pirate
trainer, superhot, drop dead, It's becoming really annoying now, I know
it's not my AV, I've sent my logs to Oculus and they say it's just a
windows permission issue but how come all my other games update and I
can still install new ones?

Only work around
I've got is to locate the game save and back it up, moving the game to
my second drive and then updating it and then moving it back to my main
ssd and restoring my save game as I didn't back up my save game with
lone echo and I lost all my progress so I won't be playing that again

I'm not uninstalling the app and all my games again, done that a good few times already
Headsets: DK1 Kickstarter edition, DK2, Rift CV!, Oculus Go, Rift S, HP Reverb G2 System: i7-8086K, Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming, 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz, 11GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1080 Ti, 1TB SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2, Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hmm this must be the problem I am having with Lone Echo. I had not played it in a while, and wanted to give a go with my new Rift S.
It crashes to desktop shortly after beginning play.
I have tried completely uninstalling and re-installing a couple of times, no joy.
It is completely unplayable for me.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Are you guys using C: Drive and installed Oculus into the Program Files Folders?

Anonymous
Not applicable

MAC_MAN86 said:

Are you guys using C: Drive and installed Oculus into the Program Files Folders?

No, I have my Oculus games on my Drive E. My other games are on Drive D
I have no game software on C where Oculus software is installed.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Did you install Oculus Setup into the default folder C:\Program Files is what I ask all of you?
Steam Program can be installed onto a 2nd Drive and it always works.
Oculus gets Permission Issues if using any OS Folder for the main Program which it directs you to in the install path.
So either install Oculus to it's own Folder on C:\ OR better still to put it on a 2nd Drive instead to further prevent any OS Permission issues.

https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/74027/games-wont-update

Anonymous
Not applicable
No that is not it and I am not going to faff about trying to reinstall the Oculus program itself, been through that enough over the last few days sorting out my Rift S issue I had.
All my other games work just fine. While I would like to try Lone Echo with the Rift S now, I can live without it so have it uninstalled. If at some point in the future it gets updated and might work I will try again.

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's what Support tell us...

" The redistributables mentioned download to the initial Oculus
directory, so be sure that the Oculus software has permission to write to that
directory. It's especially important if the software was installed in the
Program Files folder, as this is a Windows protected folder.

You can try reinstalling the Oculus software in a different
location (one that isn't Windows protected). To do this:

Uninstall the Oculus
software.

Navigate to where the
setup file is location. Enter
cmd in the address bar.

·        
This opens a command
prompt with the current working directory set to that location.

Enter: OculusSetup.exe /drive=E

·        
You can choose any
drive letter here.

Regards,

Dakota

Oculus Support"

PerseusDawn
Explorer

Nij said:

I've been having this issue for ages now, pretty much all of my games will update fine apart from beat saber and one or 2 others and the only way I can get round it, is by uninstalling and reinstalling but I'm getting fed up of doing this now, as there is another update today and again it won't update but echo vr, the wavevr and bigscreen all updated fine this week so it is definately just certain games

I've contacted oculus and like others have said there not really interested and I sent them my logs but they reckon it's a windows permission thing that is causing it but I've checked the permissions for the folder and they're all set to allow, so this is now becoming very annoying as i'll have to uninstall and reinstall again today, I've contacted the developer also

Did anybody figure this out

I can’t even uninstall at this point. Whenever I click uninstall, nothing happens 😞

Nij
Heroic Explorer
Don't wanna get too excited yet but think this issue might have been resolved with the latest windows feature update not an oculus update as i'm still on 1.37 but my beat saber hasn't wanted to update for nearly a week now and I haven't bothered uninstalling and reinstalling but after the windows update I went into oculus and it already updated it, thank god, so just hope this happens with all the other stuck games I had issues with before

So must of definately been a windows permission thing

Now just to wait for oculus update and see if it helps with rift s issues
Headsets: DK1 Kickstarter edition, DK2, Rift CV!, Oculus Go, Rift S, HP Reverb G2 System: i7-8086K, Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming, 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz, 11GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1080 Ti, 1TB SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2, Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit

Jake_MG_Telmo
Explorer
Hello, I use am oculus quest and it wont update. It might be my bmbf but I dont know. I REALLY REALLY want to play the 360 levels but I can't. I'm sad right now. If anyone can help, please tell me whats wrong.