cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Superhot... how do i restart the game?

MikeSpeak24
Protege
Ok so i bought this yesterday and before i could play it i had to go to work and my son decided to play it first.
 When i play it the game just starts without giving me the option to start a new game???
It starts me in an all white environment with a pistol in front of me and when i touch it i am in a market with a bad guy right in front and off we go!

for the love of me i cannot figure out how to start a new game rather than continue from where my son left off 😞

Sorry if i am asking a dumb question but i can't figure it out lmao
22 REPLIES 22

eightbitjuan
Protege
Punching is key, my friend 😉 . Some of the most fun I've had in Superhot was when I did no-gun runs.

I do agree that there should be a level select at least. Now that I beat it I get to do that, but it would have been appreciated before then.
CPU: i7 7700K, GPU: EVGA SC GTX 1070, Mobo: MSI Z270M Mortar, USB: Mobo + Inatec 4 Port Expansion Card, VR: CV1 + Touch + 2 Extra Sensors | Steam Origin Uplay Twitter: eightbitJuan

AndrewJ71
Heroic Explorer
I think I may have posted elsewhere here, but... the first time I played, I tried punching very slowly. And when I made contact with the opponent, it did nothing.

Basically, what you need to do is get yourself in position slowly and then release at least a moderately fast jab. You have to punch with a bit of force, not just "touch" them slowly.

It took me several tries to figure that out - I wasn't sure what I was doing wrong at first.

kevink808
Superstar

AndrewJ71 said:

I think I may have posted elsewhere here, but... the first time I played, I tried punching very slowly. And when I made contact with the opponent, it did nothing.

Just do the Bruce Lee 1-inch punch.
Rift-S, Quest 128GB, GO 64GB.

I_own_a_Vive
Honored Guest
If the developers are listening... Please include a, er, red pyramid (?) in the level select screen that, when grabbed, gives you the option of resetting the game completely.  Thx!  😄 

rboegli
Honored Guest

nalex66 said:

You can delete or rename the save game to reset progress... The file is in C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\LocalLow\SUPERHOT_Team\SUPERHOT\ and I believe the file name is VRsuper.hot or something like that (not in front of my gaming PC at the moment).

Copy and paste solution expanded from @nalex66
Either copy paste into Explorer, Win+R or just press Windows key:

%userprofile%\AppData\LocalLow\SUPERHOT_Team\SUPERHOT_VR

Nebby
Honored Guest

If the developers are listening... Please include a, er, red pyramid (?) in the level select screen that, when grabbed, gives you the option of resetting the game completely.  Thx!  😄 

There is a progress reset disk in the end-game area, on the top right. Doesn't help the OP, but just FYI.

NickDanger42
Honored Guest
and if you have a QUEST...?  There is no %userprofile%\AppData\LocalLow\SUPERHOT_Team\SUPERHOT_VR to delete that I know off.  Admittedly I'm not sure if I can access any file of that nature on it with the menu provided.

nalex66
MVP
MVP
In the Quest version, there is a disk marked “guest” that allows you to put a user into a new game. You have to beat the game to get to the end room with all the option disks (chapter select, speed modes, endless mode, guest mode, etc.).

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

TerminianLink
Honored Guest
When you hold down all buttons (ABXY) on quest at the PiOS screen it will lead to an options menu where you can switch and delete files. As well as mess with options. Did it on complete accident

Avery85
Explorer
I know this isn't relevant, but I just have to say that I love that you have to put on a VR headset in VR to enter a VRVR environment to play. This game is kick ass!