cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Quest updates are queued for download, but not downloading?

Sun-Knight-Sola
Protege

Rec Room and Virtual Desktop both have updates available and I can't seem to get the download started. It just stays queued for download. I've completely removed them and am trying to reinstall them... same deal. They're just forever queued for download. I've also tried restarting the headset with no luck either. 

Anyone else having this problem?

37 REPLIES 37

b-twice
Expert Protege
Same here multiple updates queued but not downloading... 😞

Diadras
Explorer
I have the same issue, I purchased 2 games today and they are stuck on downloading. Also VRchat was trying to update and present in the downloading list.
When I stop the updates and specifically power off my device, then power it on after having seen the charging battery icon with headset off, It takes a really long time to load anything on the headset while waiting in the lobby.

After this to report back and taking off the headset, then putting it back on again it suddenly decided to boot as new and start "first steps"? Closing this app and then trying to go back to library still shows an infinite loading screen, trying to go to settings also does not work....

Because I only have beatsaber progress saved I will reset the device to see if this fixes the issues and will report back later.

So far resetting and re-downloading every game seems to work... I will report back when everything has been downloaded or if I run into the issue again.

Resetting and reinstalling all the apps seemed to work, I have a fully updated and functional headset with all my games at the moment.

P0rthos
Honored Guest
Same issue here. Can't update or download on either of my Quests. Help, real reality is starting to set in... I need my virtual reality!

b-twice
Expert Protege
Well I have 39 games...that's not going  to be a viable option for me!
Hopefully someone at Oculus support/quality control will become aware of this problem soon!

Diadras said:

Because I only have beatsaber progress saved I will reset the device to see if this fixes the issues and will report back later.

So far resetting and re-downloading every game seems to work... I will report back when everything has been downloaded or if I run into the issue again.

Resetting and reinstalling all the apps seemed to work, I have a fully updated and functional headset with all my games at the moment.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have same issue beat saber tried to update and now all downloads are stuck at download qued

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
We’re aware of an issue on Quest affecting download queues for some people, and we’re actively working on a fix. We’ll share more as soon as we can. Apologies and thanks for your patience.

VRBiker
Explorer
I have the same problem with updates stuck in que since yesterday.

Charpie
Honored Guest
I have the same issue sadly. Just bought Moss and can't try it. The tears are real

Slymenace
Honored Guest
I've had the same issue for the last 24 hours.  I have 3 apps pending an update and one app I purchased last night simply stuck in "download queued".  I agree with the others above that a full reset would force me loose all my progress on multiple games.  I'm very annoyed and feel it's odd nothing has been posted about this prior to finding this forum.  

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yep. Same issue here. Been out for a while now. Games bought can't be installed, updated or downloaded.