cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest - Tracking Lost Problem

Bunzee22
Honored Guest
I'm looking help or suggestions.   My new Quest was work fine and suddenly it lost tracking.  Now it doesn't seem to work.   I turn it off and on and it still says tracking lost.   Anyone else have this problem?   Should I do a factory reset?   Is there any customer service that doesn't take days?
70 REPLIES 70

Xbloxed
Honored Guest
factory reset didn’t work for me. I guess return is the only option? I surprised by the lack of help on this issue there is.

Daduck
Explorer
Video of my issue (with the tracking lost at the end)
https://photos.app.goo.gl/KzUPVcdF2EPn1BiT7

sen_sun1
Honored Guest
same problem here.  but seems to only happen while playing beat saber

Rumteen
Honored Guest
mine  is similar to that but its spazzing out when its saying tracking lost and im all out of ideas i have even hard reset it

cforcalvin
Explorer
does Oculus monitor this forum? my quest just right now has the permanent “tracking lost” problem. nothing seems to help, rebooting restarting- same problem

**EDIT**
Actually, after sitting by itself for a few min i put the headset back on and now it works again. there seems to be some trouble when there’s alternating light conditions- like natural sunlit room vs artificial light- or patches of light, like the living room is lit but the kitchen next to it is completely dark- etc

MountainDog12
Protege
What build do you have? I only recently started to see this. I noticed that my build was recently incremented to .5 vs .0. My headset is on  Build 256550.6170.5. I am not sure how new this is but, all of a sudden i am having difficulties with the guardian. The stationary circle is so small(3 ft?) that it is unusable & the room scale has to be drawn & redrawn 5 or 6 time before it accepts it. Also while being in the guardian, i keep getting messages to return to the guardian. For me, this used to be flawless, not quite so anymore...

cforcalvin
Explorer
i’ll check to see what version i have- but you’re right when i first bought the quest, the guardian was flawless. i only noticed it recently glitching while turning quickly towards darker areas by contrast. the only time it works 100% is when i have all the lights in the house turned on. anyways, the very existence of a stationary mode doesn’t make much sense- i’ve mentioned this many times. it should either be roomscale guardian, or no guardian at all. thankfully the next update supposedly has a “lights off” mode where it essentially turns your quest into a Go- which will allow you to do things in complete darkness just like we could with the Go. caaaaaan’t wait for that update. i’m so tired of not being able to use the quest when everyone’s going to bed!

VCRRepairman
Protege
Similar issues here.  Always have had them since launch but since the latest firmware update, my Quest is unplayable.  I can't even turnaround without it happening.

VCRRepairman
Protege
Factory reset did fix my issue.  Lost my saved games but at least it works again.

hoppingbunny123
Rising Star
the rift cameras need light and to be at a specified distance to you, so i guess have lights on, and stay near where you calibrated during setup. a outside in camera would allow referencing for the inside out cameras for when they lose tracking.

might have to put markers around the room if your going to stick to the inside out camera system and allow the cameras to work in darker environments