New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Faulty Rift S

2»

Comments

• SandcrackaSandcracka Posts: 85
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited June 2019
    My replacement cable has shipped already.  Looks like UPS will deliver it by Thursday.

Edit: They shipped it via UPS Second Day Air.
    Hiro Protagonist
    My cable just arrived.  Hooking it up now.  Hopefully this will fix the snow issue.
    Hiro Protagonist
    MAC_MAN86 said:
    Oh what the *?&! We may all just as well request spare cables. By next month the fix may actually arrive huh. Let us know after a week's use how it goes @Sandcracka

@MAC_MAN86 I was less than 5 minutes into playing with the new cable and got the snow.  Then another flash like 3 minutes later.  Since then I've had several more snow flashes.  I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the cable is not the issue.
  • NocrylicNocrylic Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I think I got a bad unit.  Everything was working great up until a couple hours ago.  I was playing Skyrim and I noticed the screen flashed what I can only describe as white noise.  It flashed for only a second.  Since then it flashes this white noise once every ten minutes or so.  Doesn't matter which game I'm playing.  I've even seen it on OH.  I hope I didn't get a defective unit.   :(
    Just wondering, do you have any tracking issues ? any lag in that respect ? like the HMD repositioning itself every now and again ? 
  • hellbringeranushellbringeranus Posts: 33
    Brain Burst
    MAC_MAN86 said:
    Oh what the *?&! We may all just as well request spare cables. By next month the fix may actually arrive huh. Let us know after a week's use how it goes @Sandcracka

@MAC_MAN86 I was less than 5 minutes into playing with the new cable and got the snow.  Then another flash like 3 minutes later.  Since then I've had several more snow flashes.  I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the cable is not the issue.
    I would even go out on a limb to say that the oculus isnt faulty and that it is something to do with the PC not giving enough power over a long period of time I hope oculus does fix it soon whatever the problem is with the snow
  • MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 2,262
    Wintermute
    edited June 2019
    Could mean we need 4m long Cables not 5m. No, as it has faults for the BATTERY USAGE, CONTROLLER OFF STATE, AUDIO LIMITER CONSTANTLY IS ON then those will in fact hinder the performance which we see as flashes then ultimately Blackscreens.
    Hiro Protagonist
    The saga continues:

KevinD (Oculus Support)

Jun 7, 9:16 AM PDT

Hi XXX,

Thank you for letting me know.

Since replacing the cable failed to resolve the issue, we would like your current Oculus Rift S returned for further review and a replacement Oculus Rift S sent to you. Note: this replacement will be for the full kit.

Please read all of the following sections carefully and then let me know if you have any questions:

What to Return:

Since we are replacing the entire Oculus Rift S kit, it is very important that you return the retail box the Oculus Rift S came in, along with all of the other included components (headset, cable, controllers, DisplayPort adapter. etc.)

·        Before packing up Oculus Rift S kit, please remove the battery from each of the Touch controllers

·        We ask you use plenty of packing material to protect the component during shipping

·        Do not send any other items back with it because you will not get those back

Shipping and Label:

A prepaid return shipping label will be sent via email to xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx within 3 business days. Please use this label to return the defective unit to our distribution center. If you do not see the label in your inbox, be sure to check your Spam and Junk folders.

·        You have 30 days from when you receive your label to return your hardware.

·        Please alert us if you do not receive your label within the next 3 days.

Expected Timeline:

This process typically takes 8-12 business days, from the day you send back your current Oculus Rift kit, to the day your replacement ships out.

Note: We are unable to expedite the replacement process and advanced shipping is not available at this time.

·        Please monitor your return package. You should receive a shipping notice for your replacement, via email, within 3 business days of your original kit being delivered to our warehouse.

If you have any other questions please let em know.

Regards,

Kevin
    Oculus Support
  • bgast7851bgast7851 Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    I'm still having this problem but I can't return my rift s because somehow I broke graphics adapter or whatever you call it. I replaced it with a better one but I still have problems. Tried plugging into a external powered usb 3 hub, it still doesn't work. One thing that I do wonder though is where is the optical plug in the headset. Is it what looks like a hotdog on the left hand side or that little plug on the right? If it is on the left then I haven't  unplugged it because it seems permanent and I don't want to break it. I'm going to try to see if I can get the tracking working once again but I am not holding out much hope. I think that I may have just wasted money that I could have bought a quest with, but I like more power. 
  • DejvrecordDejvrecord Posts: 10
    NerveGear
    I have a similar problem
    When the Oculus Rift S is connected to a PC, it will be recognized initially, but after several tens of seconds white noise will appear on the screen and audio and will not be recognized.
    I can not experience VR at all due to this problem.
    This problem also occurred on other PCs

have you still same problem?