Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Valve Index - Specifications released.

KlodsBrik
Expert Trustee
1,893 REPLIES 1,893

pyroth309
Visionary
Also Onward is 50% off right now on Steam. 

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
b2vxzkconosk.jpg

Hands on:

https://www.engadget.com/2019/06/07/valve-index-hands-on-vr/

Quote: "The improved field of view made titles like Space Pirate Trainer and Duck Season significantly more immersive. Instead of feeling like I was peering through two round displays into a virtual world, it was more like I was actually a part of that reality. The visual upgrade was even more prominent in slower experiences like Google Earth, which gave me a bit of vertigo as I was navigating around the globe and flying over cities. I've never had that reaction with other VR headsets. My body genuinely started to believe I was floating above Rio de Janeiro. Jumping into 360-degree Street View mode, meanwhile, felt like something close to teleportation."

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Anonymous
Not applicable

Whether @ParadoxAnomaly is Atmos or not @Techy111 he has been well behaved in this thread at least. However some have constantly attacked and tried to goad him into arguments.

If you decide to ban him then that is of course up to you but until then, people should be warned for attacking him after every comment. Personally I am a great believer in redemption. 

Bollocks to redemption!!!

Burn him!!! Burn him, I say!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Zenbane said:

I would also say the rules should apply to people who have attached at least 4 people in this thread.

Using the word "attack" simply because you disagree with an opinion is a bit silly. But if you really feel attacked, then instead of derailing the thread, just send a PM to the Mods. There's a process for that stuff. So far, you have been the most consistent poster in this thread who derails by abandoning the topic entirely and making things personal.

Here's a good example of a personal attack you launched:
https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/comment/682480/#Comment_682480

I'm not launching personal attacks you skull-faced twat 😄 😄 😄 😛

Luciferous
Consultant
You always get a free pass Snowdog  😄

@ParadoxAnomoly have you asked yourself how we figured out that you're Atmos so quickly?

And as to the comment on believing in redemption @Luciferous that's a noble thought but in the case of Atmos, he was singularly damaging to this forum. Not owning or using an Oculus headset (sorry DK2 over 3 years ago doesn't count)but posting a combination of 100% anti-Oculus posts/pro non-Oculus posts within a forum set up for Oculus users is eventually bound to be considered baiting/trolling.

This behaviour clearly hasn't changed and has even earned him a ban on another forum which is set up for all VR users irrespective of manufacture and in turn has caused in increase in posts here again.

A ban here should mean ban.

Luciferous
Consultant
As I said if the moderators are sure it is him and they wish to ban him then just do it. Otherwise until proven or he acts in the same way, a user should be afforded the same rules as any other user. 

It is particularly annoying when we are trying to discuss the index (in the index post) and some people are constantly trying to start old arguments.

It can't be proven so on that basis there never will be a ban.

It took 3 years of constant low level baiting with occasional blatant rule braking to eventually result in a ban here. If it takes another 3 years to end up in the same conclusion again, then be prepared for 3 years of the kind of old arguments that you're objecting to.

Luciferous
Consultant
It is highly probable it is Atmos, it would be funny if it actually was somebody else who decided to go along with it for a laugh. However so far the only disruption I have seen is people personally attacking him. I have not been in every thread though.

It appears Open Season has been granted though, so I wouldn't worry about my opinion.

It may appear open season... but it took 3 seasons to arrive at this point.