cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't install Beat Sabre Update

FlakMagnet
Adventurer
An update for Beat Sabre appeared on my Quest last night, but when I attempted to install it, it said the installation failed.

I suspect that this is because I have custom songs installed. Fair enough.

So I thought I'd uninstall Beat Saber and install it again to get back to 'stock', but I can't uninstall it either. Selecting the uninstall option appears to do nothing.

How can I uninstall Beat Sabre and get back to a stock install so I can update it?
22 REPLIES 22

FlakMagnet
Adventurer
Seems like I can use SideQuest to uninstall Beat Saber and re-download. Will try that this evening.

Predhelt
Explorer
Let me know if this works, I still am unable to download any of my apps after this update.  For me, I don't have any custom songs, only the addition of the Monstercat songs and the Beat Saber update finished way faster than it should have but it let me start up the app and some of the Monstercat songs wouldn't load.  So I uninstalled it and tried reinstalling, but all of my uninstalled apps are now stuck in an endless queue and will not download.

FlakMagnet
Adventurer

Let me know if this works, I still am unable to download any of my apps after this update.  For me, I don't have any custom songs, only the addition of the Monstercat songs and the Beat Saber update finished way faster than it should have but it let me start up the app and some of the Monstercat songs wouldn't load.  So I uninstalled it and tried reinstalling, but all of my uninstalled apps are now stuck in an endless queue and will not download.

That makes me nervous for uninstalling for be honest! But then I guess you could always factory reset and start again? Not sure what you'd lose by doing that other than having to download the apps again.

I'll try SideQuest and report back. Fingers crossed!

FlakMagnet
Adventurer
OK, SideQuest worked a treat! Not difficult to install. Just follow the instructions to get setup and then uninstall Beat Saber. Then, from the Quest, select to install Beat Saber again. Everything is now back to normal 🙂

Str8snow
Explorer
What is side quest?

FlakMagnet
Adventurer

Str8snow said:

What is side quest?

Google is your friend.

Paglioz
Protege

Str8snow said:

What is side quest?

Google is your friend.

Honestly speaking,when someone answers to another saying google is your friend as you did i’d ban him for ever from the forum saying:
next time dont open a help thread and use google for your problem!!!

Jabx2
Honored Guest

This is exactly what I did with the 1.0.1 update but I was able to redownload. For the 1.0.2 update it said it failed to download but it seemed to have worked because I was able to cast. I'm currently trying to download Shadow Point but it's stuck in the download queue on the current build 256550.6170.0.

PerseusDawn
Explorer

OK, SideQuest worked a treat! Not difficult to install. Just follow the instructions to get setup and then uninstall Beat Saber. Then, from the Quest, select to install Beat Saber again. Everything is now back to normal 🙂

Did you keep your custom songs when reinstalling or did you have to side load them all on again? My PC isn’t fully built yet so I used my friend’s to get the custom songs on. Meaning that to get the songs back it would be a lot of effort