Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest Build 256550.6170.0 Release Notes

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • Various performance improvements
  • Updated Guardian sensitivity to be more in line with Rift
If you encounter any issues with this software release, please reach out to customer support. If you have any feature requests or suggestions to make the Oculus software even better, please head over to our UserVoice page to share your feedback. Thanks for your continued help!
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
135 REPLIES 135

adamrifts
Protege
Update has seemed to fix all the screen tearing and graphical glitches. Also I have not had and crackling in the built in speakers  yet but it’s a bit early to tell. We just need a update to fix the hissing when using headphones. 

MrCr0a
Protege
Still have some pops in headphone but the screen seems to be ok now.

Neoone88
Honored Guest
Hey there oculus, is the update regional? some of us didn't get it yet, or do we need a certain battery percentage for it to update? Thank you!

b_jansen1207
Explorer

• Various performance improvements
  • Updated Guardian sensitivity to be more in line with Rift
If you encounter any issues with this software release, please reach out to customer support. If you have any feature requests or suggestions to make the Oculus software even better, please head over to our UserVoice page to share your feedback. Thanks for your continued help!

Great! But, are these the only release notes? What "Various performance improvements" are we talking about?

TheLlama2018
Honored Guest
Need release notes for sure. Take some inspiration from Epic on detailed release notes.

slapStickVR
Protege
Still waiting for the update to roll out on my unit. No auto-update yet. How to manually trigger the deployment?

jab
Rising Star
Same here. No update yet...

Mivico
Honored Guest
It seems that the 360 video quality on youtube is good again. And I have also some New options on the settings menu, for dev (frequency)...

Strange but all is ok again, and update done fully

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Hey all - this update was out to 100% of users as of yesterday late afternoon (PST). The updates happen when your device is on, but not active (i.e. sleeping). It's very likely many of you have received the update, but didn't notice because it's a silent process. To confirm you're on the latest, please head to the Settings > See All > About menu and check the OS update. As mentioned in the title, you're looking for 256550.6170.0.

VenomousSVT
Explorer

Hey all - this update was out to 100% of users as of yesterday late afternoon (PST). The updates happen when your device is on, but not active (i.e. sleeping). It's very likely many of you have received the update, but didn't notice because it's a silent process. To confirm you're on the latest, please head to the Settings > See All > About menu and check the OS update. As mentioned in the title, you're looking for 256550.6170.0.

as of now 1:16pm EST on 6/7 i'm still on the previous version.. i've restarted several times. The update has not pushed.  Why isn't there a way to check for updates.