New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Quest Build 256550.6170.0 Release Notes

Comments

• DavizorDavizor Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Do anyone know if this update helps the freezing controller problem?
  • RCHelizRCHeliz Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Hmm, never seen that, can you give me details of the problem...?
  • VenomousSVTVenomousSVT Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    Hey all - this update was out to 100% of users as of yesterday late afternoon (PST). The updates happen when your device is on, but not active (i.e. sleeping). It's very likely many of you have received the update, but didn't notice because it's a silent process. To confirm you're on the latest, please head to the Settings > See All > About menu and check the OS update. As mentioned in the title, you're looking for 256550.6170.0.
    forget it.... did a factory restore and when it went through the setup it forced the update.. but now I have to start over from scratch.. note to the oculus staff, put a check for updates button in the app at least for gods sake.  If I have to reset this thing to update again it's going back.
  • h.r.gargih.r.gargi Posts: 123
    Art3mis
    New version loaded here. Screen glitches seem to be fixed. Very good!
    German Oculus Quest / Go / Link Facebook Group ... join us
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/oculusquestgermany/
  • AgentBalticAgentBaltic Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    MAC_MAN86 said:
    Let's hope it's not "in line with Rift". You see, QUEST works as it should whilst RIFT S is faulty. Where is the priority in this when the same team could be pulled over to FIX a new release. This quite frankly, after seeing all the added Features the QUEST is receiving and many ideas from Carmack, is a complete lack of care. Is it possibly due to it being built by Lenovo and Oculus are doing less than 100% effort  to move all staff to work on a broken product? Very likely and after 4weeks will see huge Returns but with a major loss of customers going to other Devices. Heed!
    Broken product? Massive returns and a major loss of customers going to other devices. What the hell? Customers aren't going anywhere, and this bug fix firmware upgrade is just a few weeks after launch. Settle down Mac Man. 
  • DavizorDavizor Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    edited June 7
    RCHeliz said:
    Hmm, never seen that, can you give me details of the problem...?
    There seems to be a problem where one of the controllers randomly loses position tracking tracking and just floats in space. I have that issue and even others over at the quest reddit. Hoping this update will help :)
  • jlagerjlager Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Is auto update disabled if you’re in developer mode perhaps ? 
  • enigma01enigma01 Posts: 321
    Trinity
    edited June 7
    If your Quest isn’t updating try checking the following:
      1. Open the Oculus app on your phone.
      2. Select Oculus Quest in the top-left corner of your app.
      3. Tap Settings in the bottom-right corner of the app.
      4. Tap your Oculus Quest listed under your name and email address.
      5. Tap More settings.
      6. Tap Advanced Settings.
      7. Make sure that the Update Software Automaticallytoggle is blue to indicate that the setting is turned on.
    • kavangekavange Posts: 21
      Brain Burst
      Are we ever going to be allowed to turn off guardian completely like we can on the Rift ? I mean why should it reset every time I take it off and put it on again ? It has to be a bug right ?
    • Hj757Hj757 Posts: 2
      NerveGear
      I still have not gotten the new update, please include a way to force a manual update
    • SpuzzumSpuzzum Posts: 829
      3Jane
      adamrifts said:
      Update has seemed to fix all the screen tearing and graphical glitches. Also I have not had and crackling in the built in speakers  yet but it’s a bit early to tell. We just need a update to fix the hissing when using headphones. 
      That's weird...I swapped the headstrap for the Vive Deluxe Audio Strap, and I haven't experienced anything bad with the audio, except it doesn't go as loud as the Go. No hissing, and no crackling.
      3Jane
      kavange said:
      Are we ever going to be allowed to turn off guardian completely like we can on the Rift ? I mean why should it reset every time I take it off and put it on again ? It has to be a bug right ?
      It's in the settings already...Settings/See All/Developer/Guardian...toggle on or off.
    • adamriftsadamrifts Posts: 21
      Brain Burst
      Spuzzum said:
      adamrifts said:
      Update has seemed to fix all the screen tearing and graphical glitches. Also I have not had and crackling in the built in speakers  yet but it’s a bit early to tell. We just need a update to fix the hissing when using headphones. 
      That's weird...I swapped the headstrap for the Vive Deluxe Audio Strap, and I haven't experienced anything bad with the audio, except it doesn't go as loud as the Go. No hissing, and no crackling.
       It only does it with certain headphones. Oculus earbuds hiss the worst. I have a par or Sony earbuds and the hiss is so quiet that u have to be in a silent room with nothing playing to hear. I have some over ear headphones that I don’t hear the hissing at all. It’s funny that oculus releases there own headphones and they don’t sound very good. You think they would have tested them before shipping them out. I’m not the only one hearing the hissing from the headphones. Hopefully it can be sorted for the update version.
    • SteveG7RTASteveG7RTA Posts: 143
      Art3mis
      Spuzzum said:
      kavange said:
      It's in the settings already...Settings/See All/Developer/Guardian...toggle on or off.
      Yes, but it comes back on. It doesn’t stay off.
      I for one am fed up with constantly having to “confirm guardian boundary” etc every time I put the headset on, or even having to redraw it (which happens a lot)
      i agree with kavange. We should be able to disable it completely (not temporarily)
      3Jane
      Spuzzum said:
      kavange said:
      Yes, but it comes back on. It doesn’t stay off.
      I for one am fed up with constantly having to “confirm guardian boundary” etc every time I put the headset on, or even having to redraw it (which happens a lot)
      i agree with kavange. We should be able to disable it completely (not temporarily)
      It's a safety feature, so obviously it's only temporary. As for having to reconfirm your boundary, yes that's a hassle,but it only takes a second or 2...nowhere near the hassle of going through the entire sensor setup of a Rift whenever there's issues that arise.
    • kavangekavange Posts: 21
      Brain Burst
      edited June 7
      Spuzzum said:
      It's a safety feature, so obviously it's only temporary. As for having to reconfirm your boundary, yes that's a hassle,but it only takes a second or 2...nowhere near the hassle of going through the entire sensor setup of a Rift whenever there's issues that arise.

It turns off completely on Rift. The fact it keeps coming back after the dev setting is set on Quest must be a bug.
      3Jane
      edited June 7
      kavange said:
      Spuzzum said:

It turns off completely on Rift. The fact it keeps coming back after the dev setting is set on Quest must be a bug.
      But the Rift is meant to stay at home, in that same play space. The Quest is designed to take it anywhere you want, with different play spaces. It's also a dev setting for the Quest...it's a standard setting for the Rift. That would be my guess anyway. :P

edit: then again, it may be a bug...there's reports it's not saving play spaces in it's memory when taking from 1 space to another, then going back to the first.
    • jabjab Posts: 209
      Nexus 6
      It should be relatively easy to make a happy medium where Quest will show the guardian fence when you take the headset on, but in a way so that the confirmation is much less prominent and automatically accepts the current settings when the user steps into the fence or just continues playing. Basically turning the fence confirmation logic around, so that it only requires user action if there is something wrong with the fence.
    • thealgorithmthealgorithm Posts: 154
      Art3mis
      I assume this update does not have the auto 60hz for 60fps videos in gallery?  I tried it out and even though it appeared slightly smoother (could be a placebo), there was still some judder which is not apparent on the oculus go.     If 60hz mode is not officially released yet, is there perhaps implementation of this that can be activated via adb somewhat?
    • johnnybrickjohnnybrick Posts: 2
      NerveGear
      enigma01 said:
        5. Tap More settings.
        7. Make sure that the Update Software Automaticallytoggle is blue to indicate that the setting is turned on.
        The Update Software Automatically toggle wasn't listed, so, I did a factory reset and the Firmware installed. I'm using the latest Android Oculus App and tried it using my Pixel 3 XL and my Samsung Galaxy S3 Tablet, and again, the option for automatically updating the software wasn't listed.
      • Korky777Korky777 Posts: 2
        NerveGear
        Johnnybrick said : The Update Software Automatically toggle wasn't listed, so, I did a factory reset and the Firmware installed. I'm using the latest Android Oculus App and tried it using my Pixel 3 XL and my Samsung Galaxy S3 Tablet, and again, the option for automatically updating the software wasn't listed.

Exactly the same here except it worked after a couple of resets rather than a factory reset. 😀
      • jabjab Posts: 209
        Nexus 6
        edited June 8
        Same here. Had to do a reset (not factory reset) to activate the new firmware.
      • JohanTEAJohanTEA Posts: 57
        Hiro Protagonist
        jab said:
        Same here. Had to do a reset (not factory reset) to activate the new firmware.
        Same here. I had to restart my unit to get the update.
        HowTo: Hold down the power button for three seconds and choose restart.
        3Jane
        I needed to do factory reset, but it wasn't that bad...I wound up reinstalling my games through the phone. :P
      • SnuckeySnuckey Posts: 1
        NerveGear
        enigma01 said:
          5. Tap More settings.
          Update software Automatically is not an option on my Quest, only Automatically Upload Crash Reports and Flicker Compensation
        • kambaybolongokambaybolongo Posts: 1
          NerveGear
          For some reason ‘update software automatically ‘ keeps turning off in the oculus app. What are my options ? :(
        • adamriftsadamrifts Posts: 21
          Brain Burst
          I always had auto update off on my quest and it still updated. I wonder if that is the option to update games not update firmware.
        • vraintdeadvraintdead Posts: 5
          NerveGear
          edited June 8
          adamrifts said:
          I always had auto update off on my quest and it still updated. I wonder if that is the option to update games not update firmware.

I don't think so,  because it did not immediately cause my beatsaber to update.  Plus, after I enabled this,  I waited an hour or so with the Quest on,  then I rebooted it and the firmware updated.  Beatsaber never updated.

I then checked on this setting and it appeared to be automatically disabled. Like @kambaybolongo  saw
        • vraintdeadvraintdead Posts: 5
          NerveGear
          Sorry, but is there a 256550.6170.5 firmware released?  There is a post under support about it,  but the Quest forum makes no mention of it.