Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest Build 256550.6170.0 Release Notes

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • Various performance improvements
  • Updated Guardian sensitivity to be more in line with Rift
If you encounter any issues with this software release, please reach out to customer support. If you have any feature requests or suggestions to make the Oculus software even better, please head over to our UserVoice page to share your feedback. Thanks for your continued help!
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
135 REPLIES 135

VenomousSVT
Explorer
aziwi61fls2i.png

Davizor
Explorer
Do anyone know if this update helps the freezing controller problem?

RCHeliz
Explorer

Hmm, never seen that, can you give me details of the problem...?

VenomousSVT
Explorer

Hey all - this update was out to 100% of users as of yesterday late afternoon (PST). The updates happen when your device is on, but not active (i.e. sleeping). It's very likely many of you have received the update, but didn't notice because it's a silent process. To confirm you're on the latest, please head to the Settings > See All > About menu and check the OS update. As mentioned in the title, you're looking for 256550.6170.0.

forget it.... did a factory restore and when it went through the setup it forced the update.. but now I have to start over from scratch.. note to the oculus staff, put a check for updates button in the app at least for gods sake.  If I have to reset this thing to update again it's going back.

h.r.gargi
Heroic Explorer
New version loaded here. Screen glitches seem to be fixed. Very good!
Meta Facebook Community Accelerator 2022 winner
Facebook Community Partner
Founder of the Meta Quest VR Familie - The largest German Facebook Group for VR and Metaverse
https://www.facebook.com/groups/oculusvrgermany/

AgentBaltic
Honored Guest

MAC_MAN86 said:

Let's hope it's not "in line with Rift". You see, QUEST works as it should whilst RIFT S is faulty. Where is the priority in this when the same team could be pulled over to FIX a new release. This quite frankly, after seeing all the added Features the QUEST is receiving and many ideas from Carmack, is a complete lack of care. Is it possibly due to it being built by Lenovo and Oculus are doing less than 100% effort  to move all staff to work on a broken product? Very likely and after 4weeks will see huge Returns but with a major loss of customers going to other Devices. Heed!

Broken product? Massive returns and a major loss of customers going to other devices. What the hell? Customers aren't going anywhere, and this bug fix firmware upgrade is just a few weeks after launch. Settle down Mac Man. 

Davizor
Explorer

RCHeliz said:

Hmm, never seen that, can you give me details of the problem...?

There seems to be a problem where one of the controllers randomly loses position tracking tracking and just floats in space. I have that issue and even others over at the quest reddit. Hoping this update will help 🙂

jlager
Honored Guest
Is auto update disabled if you’re in developer mode perhaps ? 

enigma01
Trustee
If your Quest isn’t updating try checking the following:
    1. Open the Oculus app on your phone.
    2. Select Oculus Quest in the top-left corner of your app.
    3. Tap Settings in the bottom-right corner of the app.
    4. Tap your Oculus Quest listed under your name and email address.
    5. Tap More settings.
    6. Tap Advanced Settings.
    7. Make sure that the Update Software Automaticallytoggle is blue to indicate that the setting is turned on.

CubicleNinjas
Protege