Valve Index - Specifications released.

KlodsBrik
Expert Trustee
1,893 REPLIES 1,893

Evileyes
Rising Star
Got one too!

i9 10900k @ 5200Mhz, 32GB ram, EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra
Need a Tesla? Here is a free 1000 miles in supercharging!
https://ts.la/mark56706

pyroth309
Visionary

Shipping in 3-4 days? ?

Since it says change it by June 14, probably starts shipping Monday the 17th?

Luciferous
Consultant
Cruel twist of fate that’s my birthday ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Techy111 said:

Ok all peoples within this thread including me, let's keep this on track as per the title and keep it that way or I will close it k?

Who are you, the bloomin Forum Police..?

Oh.

Bugger.

😄 

ParadoxAnomaly
Expert Protege
Cloudhead Games got 3 VR games announced on Monday at the E3 UploadVR event. Looks pretty cool.

inovator
Consultant

A reviewer spent hours in the index. He said overall it was great so I'm not trying to knock it.  The one thing  that was disturbing is when he took advantage of the full extra fov he didn't like seeing the display edges. So he dialed it back. I wish he would have said what the fov was after he did that. I'm sure that it's a great headset but I'm anxious to see the reviews of the average joe or nancy. That will be intersting.

Reviewer said:

If you’d prefer the soft round edges of the lenses as the limit of your FOV instead, it’s incredibly easy to dial the lenses back just a bit until you don’t see the display edges anymore.

Anonymous
Not applicable

pyroth309 said:

Shipping in 3-4 days? ?

Are you guys serious? Why did I see something saying end of september, I was very upset. Are we saying maybe in the next week or so???  I didn't pre order, I'm always sure I will figure out a way to get one at release !!!

Sandcracka
Adventurer
I got a message as well.....but it was only for my 3rd lighthouse station.  Sigh, I have to wait until September 30th for my Index package.

pyroth309
Visionary

Doctori said:

pyroth309 said:

Shipping in 3-4 days? ?

Are you guys serious? Why did I see something saying end of september, I was very upset. Are we saying maybe in the next week or so???  I didn't pre order, I'm always sure I will figure out a way to get one at release !!!

We got into the first batch of pre-orders. If you order now it's probably september or later. 

Luciferous
Consultant

inovator said:

A reviewer spent hours in the index. He said overall it was great so I'm not trying to knock it.  The one thing  that was disturbing is when he took advantage of the full extra fov he didn't like seeing the display edges. So he dialed it back. I wish he would have said what the fov was after he did that. I'm sure that it's a great headset but I'm anxious to see the reviews of the average joe or nancy. That will be intersting.

Reviewer said:

If you’d prefer the soft round edges of the lenses as the limit of your FOV instead, it’s incredibly easy to dial the lenses back just a bit until you don’t see the display edges anymore.

You can see the same effect on the cv1 if you strap it in really tight. Although you do get more FOV the screen edges are a big put off.

Be interesting like you say to know how much FOV you get just before this point. IE is seeing the edges the max 20 extra?

wont be long and these guys can tell us.