Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest Build 256550.6170.0 Release Notes

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • Various performance improvements
  • Updated Guardian sensitivity to be more in line with Rift
If you encounter any issues with this software release, please reach out to customer support. If you have any feature requests or suggestions to make the Oculus software even better, please head over to our UserVoice page to share your feedback. Thanks for your continued help!
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
135 REPLIES 135

Anonymous
Not applicable
Are we ever going to be allowed to turn off guardian completely like we can on the Rift ? I mean why should it reset every time I take it off and put it on again ? It has to be a bug right ?

Hj757
Honored Guest
I still have not gotten the new update, please include a way to force a manual update

Anonymous
Not applicable

adamrifts said:

Update has seemed to fix all the screen tearing and graphical glitches. Also I have not had and crackling in the built in speakers  yet but it’s a bit early to tell. We just need a update to fix the hissing when using headphones. 

That's weird...I swapped the headstrap for the Vive Deluxe Audio Strap, and I haven't experienced anything bad with the audio, except it doesn't go as loud as the Go. No hissing, and no crackling.

Anonymous
Not applicable

kavange said:

Are we ever going to be allowed to turn off guardian completely like we can on the Rift ? I mean why should it reset every time I take it off and put it on again ? It has to be a bug right ?

It's in the settings already...Settings/See All/Developer/Guardian...toggle on or off.

adamrifts
Protege

Spuzzum said:

adamrifts said:

Update has seemed to fix all the screen tearing and graphical glitches. Also I have not had and crackling in the built in speakers  yet but it’s a bit early to tell. We just need a update to fix the hissing when using headphones. 

That's weird...I swapped the headstrap for the Vive Deluxe Audio Strap, and I haven't experienced anything bad with the audio, except it doesn't go as loud as the Go. No hissing, and no crackling.

It only does it with certain headphones. Oculus earbuds hiss the worst. I have a par or Sony earbuds and the hiss is so quiet that u have to be in a silent room with nothing playing to hear. I have some over ear headphones that I don’t hear the hissing at all. It’s funny that oculus releases there own headphones and they don’t sound very good. You think they would have tested them before shipping them out. I’m not the only one hearing the hissing from the headphones. Hopefully it can be sorted for the update version.

SteveG7RTA
Heroic Explorer

Spuzzum said:

kavange said:

It's in the settings already...Settings/See All/Developer/Guardian...toggle on or off.

Yes, but it comes back on. It doesn’t stay off.
I for one am fed up with constantly having to “confirm guardian boundary” etc every time I put the headset on, or even having to redraw it (which happens a lot)
i agree with kavange. We should be able to disable it completely (not temporarily)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Spuzzum said:

kavange said:

Yes, but it comes back on. It doesn’t stay off.
I for one am fed up with constantly having to “confirm guardian boundary” etc every time I put the headset on, or even having to redraw it (which happens a lot)
i agree with kavange. We should be able to disable it completely (not temporarily)

It's a safety feature, so obviously it's only temporary. As for having to reconfirm your boundary, yes that's a hassle,but it only takes a second or 2...nowhere near the hassle of going through the entire sensor setup of a Rift whenever there's issues that arise.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Spuzzum said:

It's a safety feature, so obviously it's only temporary. As for having to reconfirm your boundary, yes that's a hassle,but it only takes a second or 2...nowhere near the hassle of going through the entire sensor setup of a Rift whenever there's issues that arise.

It turns off completely on Rift. The fact it keeps coming back after the dev setting is set on Quest must be a bug.

Anonymous
Not applicable

kavange said:

Spuzzum said:

It turns off completely on Rift. The fact it keeps coming back after the dev setting is set on Quest must be a bug.

But the Rift is meant to stay at home, in that same play space. The Quest is designed to take it anywhere you want, with different play spaces. It's also a dev setting for the Quest...it's a standard setting for the Rift. That would be my guess anyway. 😛

edit: then again, it may be a bug...there's reports it's not saving play spaces in it's memory when taking from 1 space to another, then going back to the first.

jab
Rising Star
It should be relatively easy to make a happy medium where Quest will show the guardian fence when you take the headset on, but in a way so that the confirmation is much less prominent and automatically accepts the current settings when the user steps into the fence or just continues playing. Basically turning the fence confirmation logic around, so that it only requires user action if there is something wrong with the fence.