cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some apps cause the headset to crash (Rift S).

drunkpacman
Explorer
Some apps like bigscreen and pokerstars vr cause the headset to crash. 
This is repeatable, so most likely a software issue i'm guessing.
In bigscreen whenever I interact with another person like fist bumping the headset will go black and to reset it the usb needs to be unplugged and plugged back in.

In pokerstars vr it's a bit harder to repeat, but it seems tied to going all in. When a player goes all in an effect plays and that's when it crashes. Same again unplug the usb and plug it back it resets the headset.

Also happens occasionally in pavlov VR but have not found a way for it to be repeatable yet in that.  

Just an FYI i haven't had issues as of 1.38
5 REPLIES 5

drunkpacman
Explorer
Temporary fix to this is to plug a headset/earbuds into the headset, no more crashing. Must be a sound issue with the built in speakers.

Skozios
Protege
Bigscreen does this to me today also.  If I interact with another player like punching our fists together the effects make my headset crash, not only that but the tracking screws up on the controllers such that a computer reboot and pulling cables out and back in again do not fix it.  It is a weird static noise when it does it.  First time it happened I pulled cable from headset to fix.  Second time this didn't work, I had to reset Oculus in the settings on the PC.  I would really like to know if this is going to be fixed as this is now 3 constant errors that I get in the first week of Rift S.

drunkpacman
Explorer

Skozios said:

Bigscreen does this to me today also.  If I interact with another player like punching our fists together the effects make my headset crash, not only that but the tracking screws up on the controllers such that a computer reboot and pulling cables out and back in again do not fix it.  It is a weird static noise when it does it.  First time it happened I pulled cable from headset to fix.  Second time this didn't work, I had to reset Oculus in the settings on the PC.  I would really like to know if this is going to be fixed as this is now 3 constant errors that I get in the first week of Rift S.

I've not experienced the second part, but the new firmware hasn't fixed the issue with bigscreen or pokerstars. 

ChaseSK88
Honored Guest
This happens to me as well, except not just when fist bumping. Today I was just watching a youtube video on the big theater screen and the tracking / screen froze and went black, occasionally flashing what I saw before the crash. If I quit bigscreen and oculus home and restart it fixes it. So far bigscreen is the only thing that's crashed it so far.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Using another Audio Source makes PokerstarsVR  last longer same as Elite, about 2hours before it crashes. Today's PokerstarsVR Update fixed nothing but added floating lines above the table in the aquarium.