cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disabled Wheelchair user requires additional accessibility options

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi I'm a full time wheelchair user, I own an HTC Vive and an oculus Rift and also pre ordered the Quest. Steam VR has Accessibility options in advanced settings where I can make myself taller in VR with a slider and also assign a spare button on the controller that I can hold to go back to seated height and let go for virtual standing height again so it's like the equivalent of a crouching button... and so I much prefer to use my Vive for this reason and hardly ever use my Rift... I would really like it if you could add these simple options to make it fair and accessible to everyone, and I would use my rift more, also worried if I'll be able to play games on my quest if I can't make myself taller in VR... I really hope you can add this feature and make it fair for all. And if I'm writing to the Wrong place could you direct me who I should contact. Thanks

28 REPLIES 28

CrashFu
Consultant
Seems like it would be a pretty easy fix for them to implement, too..  I've seen a lot of individual games that have a "seated mode" option.
It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.

MowTin
Expert Trustee
Oculus should be ashamed of themselves for not providing any accessibility options. SteamVR has had them for a long time. 
i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2

Anonymous
Not applicable

CrashFu said:

Seems like it would be a pretty easy fix for them to implement, too..  I've seen a lot of individual games that have a "seated mode" option.

Yes some games do have that but not all, It's nice to have the option tho, I kinda like to feel tall in VR tho it makes me feel like I've escaped the wheelchair lol.

Nimarus
Protege
I hope the devs can meet with a couple people in wheelchairs to work out accessibility options.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree this is important. If I ever release a game myself, I will try to make it as accessible as I can.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm having trouble getting Oculus to notice, for some reason I can't post a new thread on the developer forums, and support just told me to contact the developer team. It would be a game changer for me if they ad some accessible options, I mean I don't think I can even play beat saber without making myself taller, and with the toggle crouch feature I can crouch under the blocks when they come.

nalex66
MVP
MVP
If you haven’t already, you should submit this as feedback through the Oculus desktop app and the UserVoice channel to make sure the proper Oculus devs see it. Details on how to do this are in the pinned Feedback thread.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Anonymous
Not applicable

nalex66 said:

If you haven’t already, you should submit this as feedback through the Oculus desktop app and the UserVoice channel to make sure the proper Oculus devs see it. Details on how to do this are in the pinned Feedback thread.

Thank you 🙂 No I haven't tried that yet I'll get on it cheers

BornToRoll
Honored Guest
I will buy the Quest as well and Sit in a Wheelchair 😞

nickyb78
Protege
Hi im a wheelcheer user as well can u tell me how u get ro advanced settings to set height because i cant find it?