cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Official TV Thread

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just thought I'd start a thread where we can all share what we've all been watching.

I'm just finishing the fifth and final series of The Gentle Touch starring the lovely Jill Gascoigne as DI Maggie Forbes. It's a programme from the 80s and is excellent.

Next up for me is the second series of Monkey, known as Monkey Magic in the States I think. If you haven't seen it then you HAVE to check it out. It's a Japanese programme from the 80s that tells the legend of Monkey, Piggsy, Sandy and Tripitaka who travel through Asia to pick up the Buddhist Sacred Scrolls. Some may be familiar of the legend from the video game Enslaved: Odyssey Of The West.

I love rewatching stuff from the 70s and 80s regularly, they don't make telly like that any more which is a real shame. All we seem to see these days is mostly reality TV bollocks with the odd gem hidden here and there. 😞

So what are you guys and girls watching?
351 REPLIES 351

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
I'm watching Season Two of the OA on Netflix. Season 1 was decent, but it jumped the shark a few times with that absurd "dance" sequence omfg.

Season 2 has done lost its mind, but in a good way.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Zenbane said:

I'm watching Season Two of the OA on Netflix. Season 1 was decent, but it jumped the shark a few times with that absurd "dance" sequence omfg.

Season 2 has done lost its mind, but in a good way.

Did see Season 1 too, but that dance (still the idea wasn't that bad)... might check out S2 if you say it's great!

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

CrashFu
Consultant
If you like absurd, adult animation I highly recommend Tuca and Bertie on Netflix.

From the creators of Bojack Horseman,  you could easily mistake it for a same-universe spinoff,  but the world it takes place in (and the overall tone) is a lot more silly and over-the-top.   That being said, it does start to veer into the heaviness of the Bojack series in its later episodes.. but instead of going hardcore depressing, it always balances it out with more ridiculousness.

Also, it's extremely NSFW.  
It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.

kojack
MVP
MVP
I finished seasons 2&3 of Fortitude.
Hmm, I'm quite disappointed season 3 was just 4 episodes. Felt rushed and left a lot hanging. I've read that the creator originally planned for 4 seasons.

Good show otherwise. It certainly got pretty messed up as it went along.
Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Digikid1
Consultant
Just finished up The Orville.  Bloody fantastic season!  Season 3 has been confirmed and I am MASSIVELY looking forward to it.

CrashFu
Consultant
I was really surprised at just how good The Orville is, because I was expecting a lazy Star Trek parody and it turned out to have production values and writing on par with some of the better actual Star Treks???
It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Nobody has mentioned Netflix picking up Lucifer yet..? Series 4 is available on there to watch and they've got the go ahead for series 5 too! I love that programme!!! 😄

I've also started to rewatch Haven too, available on Amazon Prime Video.

Anonymous
Not applicable
New series of Black Mirror on Netflix B)

vannagirl
Consultant

snowdog said:

Nobody has mentioned Netflix picking up Lucifer yet..? Series 4 is available on there to watch and they've got the go ahead for series 5 too! I love that programme!!! 😄

I've also started to rewatch Haven too, available on Amazon Prime Video.

Season 5 is the finale Season, love Lucifer though
Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 

kojack
MVP
MVP
I've been watching Happy season 2.
America got one episode a week since march, but Australia only got the full season last week. I've only watched the first 8 (of 10) episodes, but for a show called Happy there's not much of Happy in it. He's there, but he's not really doing anything, just off to the side. Which is fine, since Nick is awesome as always.

Sadly syfy cancelled Happy a few days ago, so there won't be a season 3. 😞

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2