Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest Build 256550.6170.0 Release Notes

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • Various performance improvements
  • Updated Guardian sensitivity to be more in line with Rift
If you encounter any issues with this software release, please reach out to customer support. If you have any feature requests or suggestions to make the Oculus software even better, please head over to our UserVoice page to share your feedback. Thanks for your continued help!
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
135 REPLIES 135

thealgorithm
Protege
I assume this update does not have the auto 60hz for 60fps videos in gallery?  I tried it out and even though it appeared slightly smoother (could be a placebo), there was still some judder which is not apparent on the oculus go.     If 60hz mode is not officially released yet, is there perhaps implementation of this that can be activated via adb somewhat?

Anonymous
Not applicable

enigma01 said:

If your Quest isn’t updating try checking the following:
    1. Open the Oculus app on your phone.
    2. Select Oculus Quest in the top-left corner of your app.
    3. Tap Settings in the bottom-right corner of the app.
    4. Tap your Oculus Quest listed under your name and email address.
    5. Tap More settings.
    6. Tap Advanced Settings.
    7. Make sure that the Update Software Automaticallytoggle is blue to indicate that the setting is turned on.

The Update Software Automatically toggle wasn't listed, so, I did a factory reset and the Firmware installed. I'm using the latest Android Oculus App and tried it using my Pixel 3 XL and my Samsung Galaxy S3 Tablet, and again, the option for automatically updating the software wasn't listed.

Korky777
Honored Guest
Johnnybrick said : The Update Software Automatically toggle wasn't listed, so, I did a factory reset and the Firmware installed. I'm using the latest Android Oculus App and tried it using my Pixel 3 XL and my Samsung Galaxy S3 Tablet, and again, the option for automatically updating the software wasn't listed.

Exactly the same here except it worked after a couple of resets rather than a factory reset. ?

jab
Rising Star
Same here. Had to do a reset (not factory reset) to activate the new firmware.

JohanTEAswe
Expert Protege

jab said:

Same here. Had to do a reset (not factory reset) to activate the new firmware.

Same here. I had to restart my unit to get the update.
HowTo: Hold down the power button for three seconds and choose restart.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I needed to do factory reset, but it wasn't that bad...I wound up reinstalling my games through the phone. 😛

Snuckey
Explorer

enigma01 said:

If your Quest isn’t updating try checking the following:
    1. Open the Oculus app on your phone.
    2. Select Oculus Quest in the top-left corner of your app.
    3. Tap Settings in the bottom-right corner of the app.
    4. Tap your Oculus Quest listed under your name and email address.
    5. Tap More settings.
    6. Tap Advanced Settings.
    7. Make sure that the Update Software Automaticallytoggle is blue to indicate that the setting is turned on.

Update software Automatically is not an option on my Quest, only Automatically Upload Crash Reports and Flicker Compensation

kambaybolongo
Honored Guest
For some reason ‘update software automatically ‘ keeps turning off in the oculus app. What are my options ? 😞

adamrifts
Protege
I always had auto update off on my quest and it still updated. I wonder if that is the option to update games not update firmware.

vraintdead
Explorer

adamrifts said:

I always had auto update off on my quest and it still updated. I wonder if that is the option to update games not update firmware.

I don't think so,  because it did not immediately cause my beatsaber to update.  Plus, after I enabled this,  I waited an hour or so with the Quest on,  then I rebooted it and the firmware updated.  Beatsaber never updated.

I then checked on this setting and it appeared to be automatically disabled. Like @kambaybolongo  saw