cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help required: Oculus Software Blank Screen

ErasedMarine
Explorer
Hi there. Today, I attempted to install the Oculus Software, and now when I open the app, I am given a grey screen. I have tried repairing the software, uninstalling and reinstalling and restarting my computer. None of these seem to work. Could anyone please help?b3viajygu2y4.png
52 REPLIES 52

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Can you post your system specs and headset you are using ???
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

ErasedMarine
Explorer
Hi there. I am using the brand new Oculus Rift S. Also, here are specs:
- GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
- Intel Core i5-8400
- 8GB RAM
- Windows 10 Home (64-bit)
1rgwdqp1428i.png

Techy111
MVP
MVP
And di you go through the set up steps to the point that you put the headset on or has it been grey since the beginning ?
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

ErasedMarine
Explorer
After getting a message that the oculus software is successfully installed, I click next and it automatically opens the oculus app. This is where the problem happens and I am presented with a grey blank screen.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Did you download it to your C drive ?
Is it a laptop ?

ErasedMarine
Explorer
My C drive did not have enough space, so I installed it in my D drive. It's a 1tb hdd. It has 800gb+ of free space.
It is not a laptop. It is a desktop computer.

ErasedMarine
Explorer
It is not a laptop. It is a desktop computer.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
I believe the installation of the software not games needs the main drive ??? Can you make space ? I might ber wrong but worth a shot.

ErasedMarine
Explorer
Alright. I'll try make space and keep you updated.