cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help required: Oculus Software Blank Screen

ErasedMarine
Explorer
Hi there. Today, I attempted to install the Oculus Software, and now when I open the app, I am given a grey screen. I have tried repairing the software, uninstalling and reinstalling and restarting my computer. None of these seem to work. Could anyone please help?b3viajygu2y4.png
52 REPLIES 52

ErasedMarine
Explorer
My C drive now has 42gb free.

ErasedMarine
Explorer
I'm running the installer again, this time installing to the C Drive

sraura
Heroic Explorer
Well I'm running oculus app from d-drive, so it should work from there also. However it installs some stuff to c-drive anyways so... yea...

When you get the application working and running just change the app/game install folder to D-drive from oculus application itself. That way you don't fill your C-drive with rather large downloads.

What concerns me is the amount of memory your GPU has, but I doubt that is the problem what prevents oculus app from starting.

Here you can find most common problems and instructions:

Won't comment anything more to this as you seem to be getting help already.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
@sraura jump in, the more help he gets the better 🙂
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

ErasedMarine
Explorer
Installation complete. Right after it asks me to create an account and I click next, it presents me with the same grey window, so that didnt work.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
When trying to run could you open your task manager and see if your vram is maxing out for some reason ???
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
And I take it you have everything plugged in correctly ?

ErasedMarine
Explorer
Should I check my vram while the app is open or run the installer again and check

ErasedMarine
Explorer
Yes, everything is plugged in correctly.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Try both and see what it says.