cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help required: Oculus Software Blank Screen

ErasedMarine
Explorer
Hi there. Today, I attempted to install the Oculus Software, and now when I open the app, I am given a grey screen. I have tried repairing the software, uninstalling and reinstalling and restarting my computer. None of these seem to work. Could anyone please help?b3viajygu2y4.png
52 REPLIES 52

ErasedMarine
Explorer
Whilst having the oculus app open, my vram is at 0-5%, im checking the installer as we speak

ErasedMarine
Explorer
I checked my vram while repairing the oculus app and it doesnt go above 5%

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Ok that's ruled that out. May I ask how everything is plugged in? 
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

ErasedMarine
Explorer
Internally or externally?

Techy111
MVP
MVP
You have the USB to a USB 3.0 slot and the displayport plugged ? Have you tried running oculus home without the rift plugged in to test ?
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

ErasedMarine
Explorer

ErasedMarine
Explorer
I've tried opening the oculus app without and with the rift, both are still bringing me to the grey screen. i havent gotten past the account sign in stage at all because this is all i am presented with.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
That's bizarre mate give me 2 secs and I'll search to see if anyone has had this issue before.

ErasedMarine
Explorer
Alright.

ErasedMarine
Explorer
just going to summarise the story in case anyone else comes and sees the thread:
- i've just bought the oculus rift s today, its my first ever vr headset
- after installing the oculus software, i try to open the app for the first time and im presented with a blank grey window
- i havent been able to get past the account sign in because of this at all