New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

The Official TV Thread

Comments

• ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 14,602 Valuable Player
    edited April 14
    Yeah Black Summer is a much watch. Amazing and intense.

Although today marks the day where the One Show To Rule Them All returns!! I'm throwing a watch party at House Skeletor. Sheit's going down today!!

Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 2,050 Valuable Player
    kojack said:
    That does work well. :)

Also used for fight music in Deadpool 2:

I have completely forgotten about that. LOL
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 7,112 Valuable Player
    Yup, I loved Black Summer. Based on the TV series Z Nation, they mention the Black Summer in the first episode. I haven't watched all of Z Nation yet, just started rewatching it last night after finishing Black Summer.
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • LuciferousLuciferous Posts: 2,150 Valuable Player
    edited April 16
    RuneSR2 said:
    Have been discussing this show in another thread - maybe better to show the trailer in this thread. I'm getting ready for episode 5 tomorrow (season 1 has 8 episodes). At first the show did seem to have a very limited budget (staying out of the city center, some episodes with few actors involved), but after some episodes I think the producers have managed just fine. It's 6.6 on IMDB, maybe it's not for everyone, but I'm enjoying it right now:

I watched it after Zenbanes recommendation and enjoyed it, except for one thing

FFS pick up a weapon, 5 episodes of people walking around with not even a fork. This is America, people are armed when they go swimming. A zombie apocalypse happens and nobody picks up a weapon. Breathe and unclench. Ok I'm done.

• kojackkojack Posts: 5,621 Volunteer Moderator
    I've started watching Project Blue Book.
    It's basically X-Files, but set in the 50's.
    It's inspired by the real life Project Blue Book, an airforce investigation into ufos.

I'm enjoying it, except for angry general. He just doesn't make sense. (Don't want to spoil it)

I'm getting a strong Dean Winchester vibe from the main airforce guy, and Aiden Gillen is cool as Dr Hynek.
    (The real life Dr Hynek was the one who came up with the "Close Encounters" rating system)

• RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 3,730 Valuable Player
    edited April 25
    I've completed Maddie season 1 - it did get better and better, highly recommended if you've got kids  ;) It's 6.8/10 on IMDB, I'm ok with 8/10. The series is made to make you firmly believe one thing at first, but then the evidence changes everything - and that may happen twice or more. 

Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
    Game of Thrones' episode last night was absolutely amazing!

No spoilers for those waiting to watch it. For everyone else, here are some hilarious meme's (they are all spoiler heavy!)

• RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 6,709 Valuable Player
    edited April 30
    Has anyone watched Chambers yet on Netfix? I might take a look but it has got mixed reviews. I guess everyone's taste is different though
    RedRizla said:
    Has anyone watched Chambers yet on Netfix? I might take a look but it has got mixed reviews. I guess everyone's taste is different though

I'm a few episodes in, pretty good so far. And I'm not just saying that because the lead actress is hot and got her tits out in the first episode. :D
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

btw back on topic i have just 1 more episode to go on "Fortitude". It is a strange one, am at the end of series 3 and I still have not decided if it is any good or not. It has its moments, for sure, and I like the twists and turns it takes regarding character development, but it is proper weird.   I am not 100% convinced the person who wrote it - esp series 2 - is completely sane!.

I needed to watch something to fill the hole until Stranger Things series 3 launches.
    I just started on Fortitude last night. I'm up to ep 7 of season 1. Very interesting show.
    There's only two ways to see it here:
    - Season 1 is on Amazon Prime. That's where I'm watching.
    - Seasons 1-3 are on SBS On Demand. But every episode will have around 4 ad breaks.

SBS is an australian tv station for foreign content. SBS On Demand is their online streaming service. It's the only legal source of The Orville in australia, and has some other good shows. But so many ad breaks while streaming is damn annoying. I get pissed off enough at Amazon showing one ad before every episode of a series.

(I'm not aware of any ad blocking systems that work with my OLED tv, I use it's WebOS apps for all streaming, except for crunchy roll which refuses to support WebOS so I have to watch it on my pc)

I'm watching Season Two of the OA on Netflix. Season 1 was decent, but it jumped the shark a few times with that absurd "dance" sequence omfg.

Season 2 has done lost its mind, but in a good way.
    Zenbane said:
    I'm watching Season Two of the OA on Netflix. Season 1 was decent, but it jumped the shark a few times with that absurd "dance" sequence omfg.

Season 2 has done lost its mind, but in a good way.

Did see Season 1 too, but that dance (still the idea wasn't that bad)... might check out S2 if you say it's great!
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

• CrashFuCrashFu Posts: 1,756 Valuable Player
    If you like absurd, adult animation I highly recommend Tuca and Bertie on Netflix.

From the creators of Bojack Horseman,  you could easily mistake it for a same-universe spinoff,  but the world it takes place in (and the overall tone) is a lot more silly and over-the-top.   That being said, it does start to veer into the heaviness of the Bojack series in its later episodes.. but instead of going hardcore depressing, it always balances it out with more ridiculousness.

Also, it's extremely NSFW.  
    It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.
  • alangrinalangrin Posts: 25
    Brain Burst
    Discovery of Witches 8/10 Entertaining for another witch, vampire, etc type tv show. The characters were pretty good, sometimes there was to much of a love story feel but not enough to sour me completely. Good enough that I checked to see if there was going to be a second season, there is, so we’ll see where it goes from here.
    I finished seasons 2&3 of Fortitude.
    Hmm, I'm quite disappointed season 3 was just 4 episodes. Felt rushed and left a lot hanging. I've read that the creator originally planned for 4 seasons.

Good show otherwise. It certainly got pretty messed up as it went along.
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 2,050 Valuable Player
    Just finished up The Orville.  Bloody fantastic season!  Season 3 has been confirmed and I am MASSIVELY looking forward to it.

• CrashFuCrashFu Posts: 1,756 Valuable Player
    I was really surprised at just how good The Orville is, because I was expecting a lazy Star Trek parody and it turned out to have production values and writing on par with some of the better actual Star Treks???
    It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.
    Nobody has mentioned Netflix picking up Lucifer yet..? Series 4 is available on there to watch and they've got the go ahead for series 5 too! I love that programme!!! :D

I've also started to rewatch Haven too, available on Amazon Prime Video.

New series of Black Mirror on Netflix B)

• vannagirlvannagirl Posts: 2,002 Valuable Player
    snowdog said:
    Nobody has mentioned Netflix picking up Lucifer yet..? Series 4 is available on there to watch and they've got the go ahead for series 5 too! I love that programme!!! :D

I've also started to rewatch Haven too, available on Amazon Prime Video.
    Season 5 is the finale Season, love Lucifer though
    Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 
    I've been watching Happy season 2.
    America got one episode a week since march, but Australia only got the full season last week. I've only watched the first 8 (of 10) episodes, but for a show called Happy there's not much of Happy in it. He's there, but he's not really doing anything, just off to the side. Which is fine, since Nick is awesome as always.

Sadly syfy cancelled Happy a few days ago, so there won't be a season 3. :(

kojack said:
    I've been watching Happy season 2.
    America got one episode a week since march, but Australia only got the full season last week. I've only watched the first 8 (of 10) episodes, but for a show called Happy there's not much of Happy in it. He's there, but he's not really doing anything, just off to the side. Which is fine, since Nick is awesome as always.

Sadly syfy cancelled Happy a few days ago, so there won't be a season 3. :(

With a bit of luck either Netflix or Amazon will pick it up. I keep on meaning to send SyFy a turd in a box due to all of the top quality series they've let go. Plus the new spelling of their channel is beyond stupid. It used to be properly called Sci-Fi a few years ago

Well, they need to make room in the schedule for the hours of infomercials about prostate health, identify theft and air fryers.

Haven't seen a TV-show in German for ages, but this one isn't bad (it's on Netflix) - maybe slightly like Stranger Things - can you see this show in the UK or US?

Yup, it's on both I think. I watched the first series and really liked it. There's quite a lot of good forrin stuff on there.

The French series Spiral was on Netflix a few years ago and was excellent. Can't remember if it was on the US or UK Netflix though. I might have a look at the French Netflix at some point if I can't find it on the US or UK Netflix, I've been meaning to watch the other series for a while.

Top Of The Lake is also excellent, not strictly forrin though cos it's Australian. The second series has just released on Netflix and I'm just rewatching the first series again.

Deep Water is another excellent Aussie series, as well as The Interrogation (can't remember if that's a series or a film now though!).

RuneSR2 said:
    Haven't seen a TV-show in German for ages, but this one isn't bad (it's on Netflix) - maybe slightly like Stranger Things - can you see this show in the UK or US?
    I liked Dark. I haven't watched the second season yet (both are on Netflix Aus).
    I liked it better than Stranger Things, which I only got through 1 episode of before it annoyed me.
    kojack said:
    RuneSR2 said:
    I liked Dark. I haven't watched the second season yet (both are on Netflix Aus).
    I liked it better than Stranger Things, which I only got through 1 episode of before it annoyed me.

Have only seen 3 episodes of Dark, but it does feel like Stranger Things for adults, lol. 

I've almost finished watching Killer Ratings, another great forrin programme. It's a documentary on a guy that was a host on a crime show like Crime Watch back here in the UK.

Don't want to give away anything but it's worth watching.

Tonight I started on Black Spot (Zone Blanche).
    It's like a french version of Fortitude. A remote logging town in a radio dead zone (no gps, no phones, etc) has a large number of murders, and strange things are going on.
    I think I like Fortitude better, but this one seems pretty good.

It's coming July 4:

- and July 5 is Rogan time, July 11 is Defector - I'm starting to feel stressed  :#  ;)