KiritoSan_
Honored Guest
I need help my microphone has some kind of problem
it doesn't work in games like 
VRChat and RecRoom
52 REPLIES 52

Tami1970
Honored Guest
The issue looks like to be software related. If you use the oculus home party chat, the mic will be locked somehow to the party chat, no other app can use the mic anymore. Only way to fix this currently is to reboot the quest. So whenever you used oculus home party chat -> reboot quest prior starting a app. Hope this helps.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Geez the party voice chat is busted. I hope this get's fixed soon. I'm having the exact same problem.

ChittDude
Explorer
Doesn't seem to work in any games for me. Trying to talk in the poker room and nothing!

TheWizard2040
Honored Guest
yea, mine is doing the same. i know there is an issue with echo, where the mic picks up the speakers and you get a screeching sound, so im going to assume thats why its disabled, i know apps like "bigscreen" have fixed this for the most part by using a "push-to-talk" feature allowing you to hold Y and talk, then let go to stop. not sure if they purposely disabled it in the apps to stop these issues, or if its just an unknown issue. but i know they are working on fixing it. 

Breakkill-S
Honored Guest
My microphone is not working, 

decipherhex
Honored Guest
I reset mine and it still doesn't work. .... I've opened multiple tickets and no response yet. I don't know if this is a lemon but I want to return mine in case there are defects with the first batch.  They had an issue with their headphones being mono and are shipping replacements in July... But that shouldn't have anything to do with talking to people in OrbusVR. 
The in game chat was working when I invited a friend to a group through oculus party chat. But I haven't tested that again since everything stopped working.  I even went to orbusVR and toggled permissions for mic on/off... Something failed and I can't get it work now.. I'm going to try to do a hard reset from the device itself if that is possible. Otherwise I'll return it... I guess?

dafaithz
Honored Guest
When you are in the Oculus Partychat, the Mic wont Work in any Game. You have to leave the Party Chat und reboot the Quest. After that Go straight into the Game. Is this a bug or intended ?

dolomite
Honored Guest
Can confirm, rebooting the Quest gets the mic working. For a while i was wondering why the hell no one can hear me in Rec Room or VR Chat...

mintonw
Honored Guest
I have the issue as well.  I have tried updating windows drivers, reinstalling Oculus S software, Uninstalling and then reinstalling, changing ports, still no mike.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I used to be able to go to the oculus menu and click search then I could use voice search until my quest was updated. Did oculus disable voice search?