cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple instances of right Touch controller?

uKER
Adventurer
I'm getting this.
No ill effects that I notice, but it's not cool either way.
Clicking the inactive ones shows garbled serial numbers, and they are impossible to remove.
Windows' device manager shows nothing out of the normal.
Anyone else?

24 REPLIES 24

paperfeed
Honored Guest
Same... Not sure what the deal is

paperfeed
Honored Guest
For some reason my comment got posted twice. Anyway, it is exactly the same. I also have four right touch controllers, only one of which is showing the battery indicator

uKER
Adventurer
Well, at least I'm not the only one.

Richooal
Consultant
This has been reported by several people in the main PTC 1.38 release thread.

You're lucky you only have 4...............

Posted by @RattyUK

nrxrhm7bs49y.jpg

i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

RattyUK
Trustee
I have 14 now...

znlop3ov1i4b.jpg

No other issues, just 'rabbit' right controllers 😄
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

berrya
Honored Guest
Any solution?

Dego_Locc
Explorer
I only have one extra right controller, here is my thread. https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/77368/i-have-an-extra-right-touch-controller-listed-as-off-with-low-battery-and-i-cant-remove-it#latest

teranicus
Explorer
I have this issue as well. When it happens you get a flat battery critical error and it locks out the headset. To get things going had to remove batteries from controllers and reboot and then each time it happens you get new right controllers that can’t be removed 
it seems to only happen if the controllers are left on without being touched for a few minutes (maybe triggered by some sort of standby or power saving mode)
One time I only activated the left controller and it still threw a flat right controller battery error even though it didn’t even have a battery in it and it had not been connected 
if actively using them (beatsaber)  I don’t have an issue. As I mostly do sim racing the controllers sit on the side with no batteries in at the moment 
i raised a ticket and now waiting on a response 
this seems a pretty new issue and no-one else had posted anything
So In a way I am glad it’s not just me... it may get more focus.
will give it a week or so but will take the lot back the shop to swap for another if there is no resolution soon. Have 30days to do that... after that it will mean having to chase oculus themselves for a replacement not something I really want to have to do

not  the only issue I have though.
also can’t start games from within steam. headset goes black and the orange light comes on. Then when it comes up there is no tracking and the image stays fixed. Found starting steam games from the oculus library fixes this.

also the white flashes are annoying 

Apart from that I love its step up from the cv1. Shame about the sound but I knew that before buying...

yoopyp
Honored Guest
I have the same problem. I keep getting the same error about flat battery critical error which is crashing any app I am running. This is so frustrating. 

w1f1w2hsm5yt.png