cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Games You Either Need To Play Or Play Again With A Higher Resolution Headset

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just thought I'd create this thread seeing as so many of us have or will have shiny new higher resolution headsets to play with.

For me I'm going for the following:

Skyrim VR with 4K textures and other Mods
Fallout 4 VR (not Modded yet)
The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter VR
The Solus Project
Subnautica
Hellblade
Elite Dangerous (of course!)
Lucky's Tale

The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter is absolutely GORGEOUS played with the Rift S with in-game SS at 130% and OTT SS at 1.5 (haven't tried higher than that, I might try going all out for 2.0 and see what happens!).
2 REPLIES 2

I've decided i'm selling my Rift and getting a Rift S.  Will try The Vanishing of when i get it.  I played it on PC when it first came out, haven't tried it in VR.  I remember a load of issues - were they sorted?

Elite Dangerous?  Well that's amazing in any HMD!  I expect i'll have retired when we have our 16K HMDs so i'll have plenty of time to float around the solar system   B)
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
I never managed to finish Ethan Carter so not sure about issues. I've just started playing it again.

One problem I'm having is the parts where you hold A to show stuff, it's very difficult to focus because the round area you're looking at it too close to your face.

I don't remember having that problem with the Rift ages ago so that may be down to the Rift S software IPD, perhaps? It's not game breaking but a bit inconvenient but closing one eye solves it.

I've also started playing Herobound Spirit Champion too which looks gorgeous with super sampling at 2.0 on the 1440p display. It's basically a Zelda clone so is right up my street. It was available for free on the Oculus Store a while back but even if it's no longer free it's worth picking up.

There's an annoying Class A bug that I found with it though which not only kills your save but also prevents you from starting a new one. You end up having to delete the save to continue.

If you don't return to your house to exit the game then your save gets fucked lol :lol: 😮 :lol: