cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't add Credit Card to Meta account

LordMelkor
Explorer

Hi All,

Has anyone had trouble adding credit cards to their Oculus Home account?

Everytime I've tried it gives me a message telling me I've entered my cc info incorrectly. But I haven't, and I've tried multiple cards. I called my credit card company to confirm that there's is nothing wrong on my end.

In the ticket I opened (https://tickets.oculus.com/hc/requests/386086), Oculus responded, saying they were looking into it, but it's been almost 2 days and I haven't heard anything back, even after following up.

What is the typical turn around time for support responses?

71 REPLIES 71

rughur_pierrefe
Honored Guest

Adding payment methods is not an issue for the vast majority of users. If you're having a problem, please feel free to contact us for help. Thanks. https://support.oculus.com/

Totally incorrect. I live in Czech Republic and none of my business colleagues (Multinational IT Company) has been able to add a payment method. I was able to chat with 30 people on the company forum who are in the same situation as me.

TheRedKatBox
Honored Guest
its march 2019 and i still cantt even buy a RIFT headset. All the stores within 200 miles are out of stock and amazon doesnt even have it except from third parties who want more than oculus does. ive filed a support ticket and gotten no response. after reading this forum ive checked my isp location(which is correct to the city), ive used VPNs, ive even tried to add my card on my cellular data and another ISP but still to no avail. I really want a rift headset. My debit card doesnt work and as with many others my paypal will connect but will fail every single time. i can not even add my card to checkout. or add it to my payment info to buy games. i know my card is good because i can still buy games from steam, order delivery food, and works in POS systems. i called my bank and they said the card was good. i saw the 1 dollar ping to my bank and the refund from that so i thought i was good. then an hour later i get the order canceled email with absolutely no info, submit a ticket with a 'thanks for your patience, we are looking into this' with still no detail. i tried to order through another account entirely, with a different card and nothing. this is getting super irritating. this has just been a headache and all i want is a rift headset.

Cain_Bloodbane
Adventurer
Is there any pattern to this? What countries do people with this problem come from?

Also, it seems it could help to use PayPal instead of using the credit card directly... but clearly it must be an Oculus problem when these cards can be used with Amazon and such.

NugTheNugget
Explorer
I just got an oculus quest and I can’t add any cards to my oculus account so I can’t get any games. Anyone figure out a fix?

Pablito
Heroic Explorer
Me too!  Just got my Oculus Quest.  Can't add a payment method!  

miya-mon
Honored Guest
私も同じようにクレジットカードの追加ができません。Pyapalでも購入できませんでした。
Oclus.comの問題だと思います。

griet_verbeke
Honored Guest
Hetzelfde probleem. Ik woon in België, ik probeerde verschillende paymant-kaarten, maar werkt niet. Ik heb ook geprobeerd om een ​​creditcard aan Facebook en hetzelfde probleem toe te voegen. Ik hoop dat we ondersteuning krijgen. De kaart is zonder problemen geaccepteerd in google play.

001RealityHead
Honored Guest
I also can not add my credit card payment method.  I want to GIVE you money, WTF?

weihaishen
Explorer
I also cannot add a payment, I added the card successfully before, but it would not work anymore when I removed this card and try to add it again.

weihaishen
Explorer

I also can not add my credit card payment method.  I want to GIVE you money, WTF?

did you add this card before and removed it?