cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

White Static Flashes in Rift S

misfitpunish3r
Honored Guest
Hello all,

Wanted to post this in the forums to see of anyone else is having a similar issue, in hopes that I'm not the only one or perhaps someone has already contacted Oculus to see if it's a software issue or not.

I'm having intermittent white (kind of like static) flashes every now and then. They're completely at random and happen in Oculus home and all the VR games I've tried with it (Marvel Powers United, Onward, Blade and Sorcery, Beat Saber)

Any info (other than "I'm not having any issues at all") is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
415 REPLIES 415

Anonymous
Not applicable
I spam the hell out of that FEEDBACK link as it is the only official portal. Obviously they don't bother reading it else they'd have sorted simple stuff by now like switches/binds we request which are hardly difficult to implement! It's the same as a line of code in AutoHotkey. Listening to our Feedback means opening up their ears to want to keep us happy.

KnightMason
Protege
Same crap here. It lasts for about 1 second and goes away. But the flashing occurrence is getting more frequent as the day goes on. I've only put 6 hours into it and thinking about doing a return. Might just save up for something better at this point. So many other bugs I had to post about too.
Might give it a month but that's it.

md20twenty
Honored Guest
I have also noticed these flashes of white static. The fact that so many people are reporting this issue makes me think it's a software issue and not a hardware issue. At least that's what I hope. An official response from Oculus would be appreciated.

sraura
Heroic Explorer

An official response from Oculus would be appreciated.

Well here is one for you: https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/comment/687206/#Comment_687206

Stez69
Honored Guest
Flashing here too. 
I’m on my second Rift s as the first one had a problem with the right lens. 
Both sets have suffered with the white flash problem but this new one has frozen 3 times now with the black screen problem 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Too many threads on this already but if you can't start HMD by opening the APP then REBOOT and put on the HMD once it settles.

Stez69
Honored Guest

MAC_MAN86 said:

Too many threads on this already but if you can't start HMD by opening the APP then REBOOT and put on the HMD once it settles.

That’s not really solving the problem though is it. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Nothing on here solves problems but just airing them for workarounds for the OP. The business model and handling of issues is laughable. A CEO needs replacing!

I can't remember how long I said I'd give Oculus to solve this problem before calling it a day but I think I'm one week closer to that deadline.

The solution for the flashes I think is pretty much agreed it's only going to come from Oculus via a firmware update (or from a recall if it can't be solved via firmware), but I agree with MAC_MAN86 in this instance. It helps to air your views.

sraura
Heroic Explorer
Yep... at least the forums seem much more quieter today and seems that the problems what people are facing have been pretty well charted already. Now only thing needed is patience while developers do their work.