cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

White Static Flashes in Rift S

misfitpunish3r
Honored Guest
Hello all,

Wanted to post this in the forums to see of anyone else is having a similar issue, in hopes that I'm not the only one or perhaps someone has already contacted Oculus to see if it's a software issue or not.

I'm having intermittent white (kind of like static) flashes every now and then. They're completely at random and happen in Oculus home and all the VR games I've tried with it (Marvel Powers United, Onward, Blade and Sorcery, Beat Saber)

Any info (other than "I'm not having any issues at all") is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
415 REPLIES 415

Anonymous
Not applicable
They have 3weeks left before Dooms Day!

Mahboo
Honored Guest
This problem might caused by the driver or software itself. 

Had CV1 for years, works like a charm. But then, static flash happened with my CV1 a month before S release. 
Now I'm having flashes with the S too. 

:tired_face: 

SLM101
Protege
Interesting, so it's the same split second white flash that us Rift S users are getting? Looks like they broke it on a software update before the headset came out.

That's definitely interesting @Mahboo,  I hadn't thought to plug my CV1 back in and test for these flashes. I'll do that tonight and confirm if I get the same, it would definitely eliminate component issues.

Now I'm wondering if it's some sort of conflict with the latest graphics driver or just the Oculus software/firmware alone.

Andrey_Karlovic
Honored Guest
same problem!

Aeromaster
Honored Guest
Same issue happens while iRacing. Just a quick white flash. Happens about twice an hour.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've tried the PTC and the flashes are still there. Not only that but I keep on getting the DisplayPort connection dying on me. Going to switch back again now lol 😄

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well I'm staying on Win1809 with 1.37 until it's time for a refund if needed.

sraura
Heroic Explorer
Hmm... I hope I managed to solve my white flashes issue for good, but too early to tell. Looks promising tho as didn't experience any in past 6 hours.
What I did was updating of some chipset drivers (intel mei) and motherboard bios (including intel me).
Anyways I probably edit this post soon telling that the flashes are back, but fingers crossed...
---
update:
After extensive testing I am now confident that this fixed my issues with white flashes. It also seems that overall stability of Oculus app has improved alot. To be honest - I have not been able to crash it anymore.

If you have intel chipset, you might want to try browising rather recent driver and firmware updates to your motherboard chipset which are tagged as "Intel new me updates" or "MEI intel". Also basic "stability updates" to your motherboard bios may help.

update:
...and flashes are back with windows 1903

MowTin
Expert Trustee
I get white flashes but I also get sparkly colorful noise. It's most visible in dark scenes. Anyone else get this?
i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2