cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lots of problems with my Rift-S

MowTin
Expert Trustee
I've ignored them thining a patch or firmware update is coming. But here are some of the issues...

1. Crashes 
    Screen goes black while playing games. I thought it was just Stream VR games but it just happened while I was playing Drop Dead.
    Sometimes one eye flips out and has snow in half the eye and black the other half
    I have to unplug and restart sometimes multiple times

2. Sparkly noise
    In the dark and just regularly I get noise that looks like tiny colorful fireworks. Colorful snow but not very dense. 

3. Snow flashes
     Once every 30 minutes or so, I'll get a flash of snow. 

These crashes are getting annoying and colorful sparkly noise is there very often. Is this a defective unit or is everyone else experiencing the same? 

i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2
3 REPLIES 3

sraura
Heroic Explorer

MowTin said:

Is everyone else experiencing the same? 

No, but some people are experiencing black screens because of various reasons. For some those happen in game (while playing). There are several threads where some solution hasbeen found.
More people are experiencing very brief static flashes now and then. Oculus support is aware of them and is "on them."
If you want any direct suggestions from us, please provide bit more info like;
- Your hardware, computer type, windows version... ?
- Have you opted to oculus applications public test channel (= running latest beta build) ?
- What drivers have you updated recently from your computer ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sounds like may be a defective unit.
One thing you might try is taking the cover off headset and insuring the cable is firmly plugged in.
But I would start a support ticket with the issues you are having , unless you purchased from somewhere that will easily take return and replace.

JediNizar
Protege
I had black screen in my first week of playing when I switched with ALT+TAB from my game to my Desktop, when returning to the game I had black Screen and needed to restart the game.

But since then,  don't know what changed but I have no issue at all.
I'm playing on my Laptop XMG Ultar 17, GPU:
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 | 8 GB GDDR5X and CPU: Intel Core i7-8700 | 3,2 - 4,6 GHz | 6 Kerne / 12 Threads | 12MB Cache | 65 Watt. Mini Display port and USB on a powered USB-A 3.0 slot.