Did you mean: 

Compensation for Rift S problems

SLM101
Protege

Ignore, wrong audience.

17 REPLIES 17

sraura
Heroic Explorer
They might want to give existing Rift S owners some compensation if additional hardware is needed to fix that poor audio quality.
...but for driver/firmware/static issues - at this point - No 🙂 Too early to even tell what the final verdict is.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Has Oculus Support told you your headset is faulty and to return it, or have they told you to hold onto it while they fix it?

SLM101
Protege
They said they understand people wanting to return them but they assured me a fix is being worked on and to keep using the Beta updates to get the fix sooner. So i'm guessing they are confident it's a software problem rather than a faulty headset. Just seems a bit odd that that the white flash problem was not noticed in testing as it seems to have affected every Rift S user?

sraura
Heroic Explorer
Nope... Many for sure but not everyone.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I will get a very occasional white flash, but it is not often at all.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

SLM101 said:

They said they understand people wanting to return them but they assured me a fix is being worked on and to keep using the Beta updates to get the fix sooner. So i'm guessing they are confident it's a software problem rather than a faulty headset. Just seems a bit odd that that the white flash problem was not noticed in testing as it seems to have affected every Rift S user?

Then I would ask them what the problem is if it's being worked on. I'd ask why some people are getting it and not others and if it's to do with the headset itself or computer hardware. If it's the headset then I'd ask them if they could give you a free game for the trouble it's causing you.
Here's the thing is though, it would have to be causing you a lot of trouble to get anything. Because just like with Windows 10 software, we have to wait for patches and Microsoft don't compensate use for buying windows 10. It's the same with firmware updates on televisions, but if you're are not happy waiting then just return it.

SLM101
Protege
Like i said, i'll give them the benefit of the doubt and wait for a fix. Could still be the headset hardware at fault though. They fixed the black screen problems pretty quick in beta but still nothing for the white flash as of yet. They also sent out some people replacement cables (didn't fix it) - seems like they don't know whats causing it but trying to damage control the situation.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

SLM101 said:

Like i said, i'll give them the benefit of the doubt and wait for a fix. Could still be the headset hardware at fault though. They fixed the black screen problems pretty quick in beta but still nothing for the white flash as of yet - seems like they don't know whats causing it but trying to damage control the situation.

Then you can't expect to get anything free if it is you who is prepared to wait for a fix.

Johno2090
Honored Guest
Guess it all depends on your spec,s running 8 cores i notice it once every few hours but imagine it would be worse with less cores, luckily it was simple to fix changing the affinitys.