Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest Build 256550.6170.0 Release Notes

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • Various performance improvements
  • Updated Guardian sensitivity to be more in line with Rift
If you encounter any issues with this software release, please reach out to customer support. If you have any feature requests or suggestions to make the Oculus software even better, please head over to our UserVoice page to share your feedback. Thanks for your continued help!
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
135 REPLIES 135

adamrifts
Protege

I got the update today but now the right speaker makes some crackeling noises. It never did before. Does anyone have any ideas or experience the same issues?

Thanks

Bernd

This is a big with all quests. Restart your device will fix it for a while. Oculus is aware of this and will be fixing it with a update.

Anonymous
Not applicable

BadDanME said:

Spuzzum said:

SpaceXvr said:

My issue with the new update is it seemed to affect tracking mainly on the left side... 

I just experienced this today...after the update. Trying to play Beat Saber, and my left controller's stuck rotating in space. I don't think it's the lighting in my place either, as I never had the issue before, and I stand with the light to my right side anyway.

Had to reboot the quest twice, because of this. One time it was the right controller, and a few minutes later the left. Since then they never stuck again. Very strange.

I played again last night and it was fine. Not sure why(?).

GoldenRetroGames
Heroic Explorer
Anyone else getting intermittent pops and clicks in the audio since the latest update?  Happens in all apps for me.

EDIT:
Oculus support confirmed on Reddit this is a known issue and will be addressed in a coming update.

Neokin
Adventurer

Spuzzum said:

I just experienced this today...after the update. Trying to play Beat Saber, and my left controller's stuck rotating in space. I don't think it's the lighting in my place either, as I never had the issue before, and I stand with the light to my right side anyway.

Also @BadDanME - I had the issue with my right controller in Beat Saber too. I just removed the battery for a few seconds and put it back in and the issue was resolved.
It may have happened because the battery is now quite low (still the original shipped with my Quest) or because intense Sabering makes the battery move inside the compartment and create issues 😕

Anonymous
Not applicable
My quest is still on the old build. I also noticed too that when I turned it on today my wifi 5ghz connection didn't work on the quest, I had to use 2.4ghz connection.

Edit: My quest is now updated to the latest version. I had to turn back on the auto turn off display and I connected my quest to my powerbank while showing green led and sleep. Not yet experienced issues.

Edit 2: Well I have a power issue now I'm not sure if its because my quest updated to latest build or if its due to turning on developer mode. Anyone else notice their powerbank turns off when quest is at 100%? my powerbank never did that and when I turn off the quest by long pressing power button then selecting shut down, my anker powerbank leds come back on. Think I might have to turn off developer mode and see if that was the issue.

FlakMagnet
Adventurer
I also had wifi issues and had to restart the device to get it working again.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I might also have a battery drain problem too no way it lasts 2.5 hrs. More like 1.5 hrs. I think it's due to Bluetooth being on. I do have a 3a qc3 power bank.

Anonymous
Not applicable

VRBabe14 said:

My quest is still on the old build. I also noticed too that when I turned it on today my wifi 5ghz connection didn't work on the quest, I had to use 2.4ghz connection.

I get the warning pop up now and then, whether surfing or actually playing games. I think I had same issues in the Go though while surfing...some streams would freeze for a moment, then kick back in. Never had a warning in the Go though, so not certain it's the same. I did come across something on youtube showing an app for the phone, telling you what wifi channels are being used in your area, suggesting the channel being used might be used by numerous others, making that channel congested. By picking a relatively unused channel, or the least used channel for your area, it should increase your speed. Maybe that also fixes dropouts(?). My router's locked me out though...I did a factory reset from the pinhole, but all that did was prompt me to setup a password for the wifi connection. It still won't accept the factory password. 😛 Guess I'll have to spend time with with them in a support chat. 😞

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufMNDMlHpC0

Anonymous
Not applicable

VRBabe14 said:

I might also have a battery drain problem too no way it lasts 2.5 hrs. More like 1.5 hrs. I think it's due to Bluetooth being on. I do have a 3a qc3 power bank.

I have an Ankar 20100 Power Bank...5v 2.4a. Works fine for the Go, but with the Quest, I've noticed sometimes the headset charges faster than it drains, and other times it seems as if it's not even drawing from the power bank. The light is white, and the power bank's lights aren't even on. I chalked it up to connecting the battery first, then powering up. I'm still ordering an Ankar 10000 PD though. 5v 3a...like the Quest's charging adapter.