Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest Build 256550.6170.0 Release Notes

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • Various performance improvements
  • Updated Guardian sensitivity to be more in line with Rift
If you encounter any issues with this software release, please reach out to customer support. If you have any feature requests or suggestions to make the Oculus software even better, please head over to our UserVoice page to share your feedback. Thanks for your continued help!
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
135 REPLIES 135

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well, got into my modem...seems password was 'password'...lol. First thing I noticed though...both 2.4 and 5 Ghz were active, but they both had the same SSID name. I read somewhere else that someone had issues when the names were the same. I'll do some testing tonight.

Crazy-Canuck
Explorer
My Rift CV1 updated today, June 11, and while playing DCS (digital combat simulation), when I turned my head to the left entire visual moved with me.  When I looked right it works as normal.  Tried various things, reboot oculus etc.  Recent update has pooched my Rift and is unplayable.  I trust a fix is coming soon!

Crazy-Canuck
Explorer

SpaceXvr said:

My issue with the new update is it seemed to affect tracking mainly on the left side... 

I have the same issue.  Updated today June 11.

Anonymous
Not applicable
After playing with the wifi, 2.4GHz works flawlessly, but 5GHz won't authenticate my password in the Quest, and it doesn't even show up in my phone's wifi list. Googling, I came across a thread on my internet provider's forums, where people said their 5GHz connection would just disappear from the list after a while. The company rep replied saying wifi speakers and security cams can cause the signal to drop off...though they didn't explain why. I guess 5GHz is a nogo for me.

Jo4Jo
Honored Guest

Spuzzum said:

After playing with the wifi, 2.4GHz works flawlessly, but 5GHz won't authenticate my password in the Quest, and it doesn't even show up in my phone's wifi list. Googling, I came across a thread on my internet provider's forums, where people said their 5GHz connection would just disappear from the list after a while. The company rep replied saying wifi speakers and security cams can cause the signal to drop off...though they didn't explain why. I guess 5GHz is a nogo for me.

Try with a shorter password length 😉

Squaremartian
Explorer
Hi guys.
No updates for my oculus, I'm at version 266550.5350.0.
Also someone else is missing the "Automatic update in the oculus app?" :'(

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Squaremartian I'm having the same problem. It's not showing any new build update. And there's no auto update option in settings - advanced

desertstriker8
Explorer
Same as you VRBabe14 this is annoying. Is there a work around so we can update our headsets?

Squaremartian
Explorer
Fixed after contacting support. The firmware update takes place after about 5 hours the oculus search turned on but in standby, it should not be used. It updates itself. 😄