cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't install Beat Sabre Update

FlakMagnet
Adventurer
An update for Beat Sabre appeared on my Quest last night, but when I attempted to install it, it said the installation failed.

I suspect that this is because I have custom songs installed. Fair enough.

So I thought I'd uninstall Beat Saber and install it again to get back to 'stock', but I can't uninstall it either. Selecting the uninstall option appears to do nothing.

How can I uninstall Beat Sabre and get back to a stock install so I can update it?
22 REPLIES 22

FlakMagnet
Adventurer

OK, SideQuest worked a treat! Not difficult to install. Just follow the instructions to get setup and then uninstall Beat Saber. Then, from the Quest, select to install Beat Saber again. Everything is now back to normal 🙂

Did you keep your custom songs when reinstalling or did you have to side load them all on again? My PC isn’t fully built yet so I used my friend’s to get the custom songs on. Meaning that to get the songs back it would be a lot of effort

I've now completely removed my custom songs as I didn't like having to use external tools to uninstall in order to update. So for now, I am running standard Beat Saber again.

Paglioz
Protege
The update is installed even if you see it not installed.
if not Whi can I cast beat saber on iphone?

Jawolf
Honored Guest
For anyone else having problems with the Quest failing to update or uninstall an application such as Beat Sabre, you need to install SideQuest to your PC. Then with a suitable cable to connect your Quest to the PC,  follow the setup instructions at the bottom left of the SideQuest window.
Once up and running, you can click the 3 lines to left of the spanner at top right of window. This will show your currently installed applications.
Now find the corresponding app (such as com.beatgames,beatsabre) and delete it.
Back in the Quest, it will show your App or Game has disappeared and you can now re download a fresh copy from the store.
You can then run the Beast Sabre from the SideQuest app, but to update to latest version, click on Beast Sabre icon at top left  then click on the "Backups" button at the top row, to open a new window saying APK Backups. Click "Redownload Patcher" and this will install the latest version.

Paglioz
Protege
Ok but i tell it once 
why if I see the app not e updated i can cast beat saber?

FlakMagnet
Adventurer

Paglioz said:

Ok but i tell it once 
why if I see the app not e updated i can cast beat saber?

Not sure I understand what you are asking. I'm not sure if installing updates affects casting or not though.

Paglioz
Protege
The new update introduced the possibility to cast beat saber.
I have beat saber in the updating section but I can cast it
so how is it possible ?

FlakMagnet
Adventurer

Paglioz said:

The new update introduced the possibility to cast beat saber.
I have beat saber in the updating section but I can cast it
so how is it possible ?

Ah OK, understood. I actually tried casting Beat Saber directly to Facebook a couple of evenings ago and it worked, but with no sound. I'm guessing it's not legal to broadcast the sound because of copyright (I was playing the new Imagine Dragons tracks at the time).

PerseusDawn
Explorer

OK, SideQuest worked a treat! Not difficult to install. Just follow the instructions to get setup and then uninstall Beat Saber. Then, from the Quest, select to install Beat Saber again. Everything is now back to normal 🙂

Did you keep your custom songs when reinstalling or did you have to side load them all on again? My PC isn’t fully built yet so I used my friend’s to get the custom songs on. Meaning that to get the songs back it would be a lot of effort

I've now completely removed my custom songs as I didn't like having to use external tools to uninstall in order to update. So for now, I am running standard Beat Saber again.

Fair enough. I pretty much got quest for beat saber so having the custom songs is a massive thing for me. I’m probably just gonna hold on until I get my PC built or until I visit my friend again for installing updates. The game still runs perfectly fine with the songs I have so I think I can be patient. Thanks for the help!

JoyStickBoiz
Honored Guest
I cant install the game at all and i have 100gb left on my Quest. plz help me

nalex66
MVP
MVP

I cant install the game at all and i have 100gb left on my Quest. plz help me

There are apparently some server issues going on today, Oculus is aware of it and working on a fix.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo