cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Man's Sky coming to VR

NeloDiavolo
Protege
I'm excited to check this update. They have made a lot of progress since release and I always thought it would make a great VR experience.

https://www.nomanssky.com/2019/03/no-mans-sky-beyond-vr/

23 REPLIES 23

Has any news dropped yet about this having native Rift support on SteamVR? (if that's the only place it's sold)

thejustchad
Protege

CrashFu said:

I was excited, until I saw the part about it specifically being for PSVR and SteamVR.

If the VR support is available in the GoG version, and supports Oculus hardware, I'll get it then.  Love me a good exploration game.

Will it work if you add the GOG version to your steam library maybe?

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

kojack said:

I installed the VR Experience mod and it fixed every issue I was having with Sub Nautica, except for the horrible framerate once you've explored a bit. (Such as below 20fps at times on a 2080TI & Threadripper)

Why would it drop to 20fps on a Geforce 2080ti? It can't be a well optimized game in the first place if it's doing that. I mean the graphics are alright, but they arn't exactly Skiyrim graphics etc.

RattyUK
Trustee

Has any news dropped yet about this having native Rift support on SteamVR? (if that's the only place it's sold)

Currently there has been no further information bar the 'coming Summer' WRT controllers compatibility.  We all have to wait and see!  My hope is that HOTAS support will appear but I'm not holding my breath...
My gut suggests that the VR opdate will coincide with the deliveries of Index HMD's into the hands of players...
Looking forward to it nonetheless 🙂
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3