cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VR Cover

Deadace
Protege
When I bought the Quest, I immidiately wanted to show it off to people. But the faceplate is horrible for sharing, in that it sucks up sweat.
So I looked at PU-leather VRcover, and there was a long wait back then, it wasn't shipping until end of june, so I thought I'd just wait. Now they're not shipping until end of august! Does Anyone know of alternatives, like ANY alternatives.. or do you just have to order it now and wait 3 months?! Damn I wish I ordered it earlier! 😕
41 REPLIES 41

Deadace
Protege

Aidens12 said:

i was excited to get the new, thicker  pair of pads for the quest, but i gotta say that i prefer using the old rift cv1 thin pu leather pad rather than the ones they sent. fortunately i had an extra pu leather pad from the cv1i could use and stick on the quest facial interface so its all good

Wait what? So a pu-cover for cv1 fits on the Quest?

nalex66
MVP
MVP
The hard plastic insert won’t fit, but the velcro’d-on pad is similar enough. 

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

nalex66 said:

The hard plastic insert won’t fit, but the velcro’d-on pad is similar enough. 

So how will it fit without removing the the cover from the Oculus Quest? Or can you remove the cover?

nalex66
MVP
MVP
You need the Quest-specific hard plastic insert from VR Cover, which replaces the removable standard interface. Aidens12 was just saying that he used one of his CV1 pu pads instead of the new ones from his Quest VR Covers kit. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've just received an update regarding my order delay. Here's the response from VR Cover. Can mods please pin this for customers thank you.

"Since your last correspondence with our team on Facebook, there's been an update regarding the shipping delay.

Your order hasn't been shipped because some customers who have only just received their sets in the mail have mentioned an issue. In the last few days, we learnt the Quest headset now has additional pins on the bottom of the interface which keeps it firmly in place. We worked with Oculus several months before the launch. This part of the interface was not in the original designs that they shared with us, so you can imagine this comes as an unpleasant surprise to us.

While reportedly the design change does not affect the function of our own interface, we understand that we are not meeting our own high standards. As a result we have to redesign our product. Unfortunately, this will take time to produce, affect our supply chain and delay your order delivery. We will reach out to you by email as soon as we have a new schedule which will be in the next days.

Does this arrangement work for you? My apologies for the inconvenience caused. If you've any questions in the meantime, please let me know."

nalex66
MVP
MVP
I wish they had caught that before shipping any. I noticed some review mentioned that the bottom wasn't retained like the original Oculus part. I hope they'll ship replacement plastic parts to the people who've already received the earlier version.

Anonymous
Not applicable
@nalex66 I think Oculus should foot the bill because they changed the design without telling vr cover.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

VRBabe14 said:

@nalex66 I think Oculus should foot the bill because they changed the design without telling vr cover.

I agree.

nalex66
MVP
MVP

VRBabe14 said:

That's the risk you run when you make unlicensed after-market parts. Oculus doesn't have any obligation to VR Cover in this case. Anyway, the injection-moulded plastic part is cheap to produce compared to the pu pads. I think they should send the revised version to their early customers as a gesture of appreciation and goodwill.

Anonymous
Not applicable

nalex66 said:

VRBabe14 said:

That's the risk you run when you make unlicensed after-market parts. Oculus doesn't have any obligation to VR Cover in this case. Anyway, the injection-moulded plastic part is cheap to produce compared to the pu pads. I think they should send the revised version to their early customers as a gesture of appreciation and goodwill.

"We worked with Oculus several months before the launch. This part of the interface was not in the original designs that they shared with us,"

Yes they did work with Oculus so yes they should have told vr cover about the changes that would impact them and their customers.