cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Great fit if you're bald or shaved head

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have medium length hair and it's riding up at the back even with the side straps and top strap are setup properly. I pull down at the back to where it supposed to fit but because its front heavy its so annoying. I've bought studioform premium strap and it does help abit but still heavy at the front. They suggested to get 4 aa batteries and counterweight but it's not working. I've also ordered vr cover foam replacement, see if that helps if not then my quest is going back. Anyone else have this problem?
43 REPLIES 43

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee
Have you tried wearing a wig? lol
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you tried wearing a wig? lol

Do you mean a bald cap? Lol I can see so many people wearing them haha. But seriously no and isn't oculus discriminating against people with hair.

StayPuft83
Protege
I can't say I've had the same problem. ...Of course, I happen to shave my head completely bald. LOL! So... I dunno... maybe that's why I don't have this problem.

Javelin396
Adventurer
have you tried positioning the studioform strap near the front of the headset by the top of the facial interface foam so that it rests more on your forehead? i just got that strap yesterday and fiddled with the positioning awhile til i settled on that to help with the front heaviness

Morgrum
Expert Trustee
Get a hair cut ya hippie!  o:)
WAAAGH!

I notice that the Quest and CV1 head strap differ on one respect, the inside of the CV1 strap has an additional layer that feels like Alcantara, whereas the Quest doesn't and is very smooth. I'm thinking this is adding to the issue of slipping for some people.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
VR Cover should help you. I couldn't stand to wear the Rift CV1 until VR cover came to the rescue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Morgrum said:

Get a hair cut ya hippie!  o:)

? From the Simpson. But seriously I cannot shave my hair off and I wouldn't just to play on the quest. Female baldness isn't a good look.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Aidens12 said:

have you tried positioning the studioform strap near the front of the headset by the top of the facial interface foam so that it rests more on your forehead? i just got that strap yesterday and fiddled with the positioning awhile til i settled on that to help with the front heaviness

Won't that cover the onboard headphone slots? I'll give it a go and thx x