Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift S and Rift 1.38 PTC Release Notes

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
Oculus Home:

• You can now rename your Homes! In the details page for any of your own Homes, there is now an edit icon next to the Home name that will bring up a VR keyboard. Express yourself with a brand new Home name that will be reflected in recommendations, gateways, and friends' Places lists.
  • We've made it easier to manage items. You can now easily relocate items directly from the inventory menu to move or reposition them. We've also reduced download sizes for faster item delivery.
  • We've polished up the presentation of Homes in our menus to be much faster and more intuitive.

Rift S:

• Updated audio driver to improve Rift S audio quality.
  • Updated firmware to reduce occurrence of display issues.

If you're using
Oculus Rift S and experiencing black screen and/or cable enumeration issues,
please try opting into the latest PTC (
https://support.oculus.com/200468603765391/)
build of the Oculus software. We've included updates that should help.

As always, if you encounter any issues with this software release, please be sure to report them using the Help Center > Provide Feedback option within the Oculus desktop software. If you have any feature requests or suggestions to make the Oculus software even better, please head over to our UserVoice page to share your feedback. Thanks for your continued help!
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
315 REPLIES 315

JDenisB
Explorer
After 6 days of use, got some problems here too... Hope these will be fix soon..
- sound crackling
- white flash
- lose tracking(left touch)
- black screen
Do i need to return my rift or waiting for update?

sraura
Heroic Explorer
I finally solved my issues with white flashes. If you have Intel chipset
on your motherboard, you might want to check this out:
https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/comment/687978/#Comment_687978

Crazy-Canuck
Explorer
Updated my Rift CV1 today, June 11, and while in the cockpit or watching an Oculus app head tracking is stuck when turning left, turning right works as it should.  In Digital Combat Simulations eventually will cause video card to crash.  Anyway to roll back the recent update?  Hopefully a fix is coming asap.  I see others are having similar issues.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

Updated my Rift CV1 today, June 11, and while in the cockpit or watching an Oculus app head tracking is stuck when turning left, turning right works as it should.  In Digital Combat Simulations eventually will cause video card to crash.  Anyway to roll back the recent update?  Hopefully a fix is coming asap.  I see others are having similar issues.

Easiest thing is to just opt out of the PTC.  You still may need to download Rift software again and run a repair.  Both should take you back to a more cv1 stable 1.37.1 version.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

drnikita
Honored Guest

Kitijun said:

After updating to 1.38 I am getting some stuttering when moving my head around.  Going back to 1.37 for the moment.

same for me, at first i thought it was my pc, and reinstalled the whole OS xD ... but nope, it was the FW

I tried it as well. The same is happening for me. 1.38 FW causes severe stuttering when turning my head. It is unusable. Luckily, opting out of the PTC fixes the issue. 

Tometheus13
Honored Guest
Had an update a moment ago, anyone knows if it did something significant?

edit: Played some beat saber, felt like tracking got better... might be placebo dunno.

Orkel
Adventurer
Updated to 1.38.0.256587 for me as well. Not sure what changed, these small updates never have a log for some reason.

futsal19
Explorer
hello i just bought a headset oculus rift s and when I'm in the black screen setup after 20 seconds .I have a MSI i7700 gtx 1060 6 GB, all work with my oculus rift.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hmm after .256587 update, just spent about 45 min in Robo Recall and can't recall seeing a single white flash.
Probably too soon to say but may be promising.
Touch seemed snappier on response also, especially when teleporting.
I was getting just a slight amount of lag when teleporting at times previously.

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
@futsal19 I recommend checking out the first section of this support article: https://support.oculus.com/294426521446490/