BeatSaber "Imagine Dragons DLC" - Sound is bad (Distorted) on half the tracks on Oculus Quest — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

BeatSaber "Imagine Dragons DLC" - Sound is bad (Distorted) on half the tracks on Oculus Quest

JohSm67JohSm67 Posts: 159
Art3mis
Hi,

Any one experience that the Oculus Quest audio is bad on the new Imagine Dragons DLC package for Beat Saber?

Dosn't matter if volume is turned down (lowered)
Did try both with the Oculus In-Ear Headphones for the Quest and without any headphones!

Half of the tracks (5) sounds really bad, bass sound is really distorted....
Other soundtracks play great and I have not experienced bad sound on other apps yet!

Any one else with the same problem?

/J

Comments

• FlakMagnetFlakMagnet Posts: 169
    Art3mis
    I downloaded the new Imagine Dragons tracks too, but they all sound OK to me. No issues.
  • JohSm67JohSm67 Posts: 159
    Art3mis
    Ok and did you use it on the Oculus Quest? Another user has reported the same issue as I got with it! Maybe we then will need to RMA the Oculus Quest’s! However other songs sounds ok so it dosn’t make sense...
  • OculusSupportOculusSupport Posts: 296 Oculus Staff
    Hey @JohSm67, I'm sorry to hear about your audio issue. It's definitely unusual. It's possible that it just may be a corrupted download. Are you noticing this issue with both the built-in speakers on the Quest and external headphones? We are aware of an audio issue with the built-in speakers and we're actively working on a fix. We currently don't have any ETA though. Please contact support at https://support.oculus.com if you need more help. Thanks! -Rick
    Art3mis
    Will try to redownload it again as other tracks sounds ok!

And yes its with and without the Oculus in-ear headphones!
    Also another Quest owner reported the same issue so there is an possibility that it’s an issue with download but why would just some of tracks only have a distoted bas sound and play at all...

if it still remains bad i will ask support for an Replacement Quest, unless more people experience the same issue.
  • JohanTEAJohanTEA Posts: 17
    NerveGear
    edited June 13
    I had this problem with a few Imagine Dragon songs on my Quest the first time i played them, then it fixed itself. This makes me think the songs are downloaded in different compression qualities and the good quality version takes a bit longer to download or something like that. 
  • spattonspatton Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Same issue, some songs on Quest had buzzing/distortion in right speaker only. Will try to allow full quality song download I suppose...
  • nickhollnickholl Posts: 14
    NerveGear
    Hi, I experience occasional audio breakup during all standard tracks on my quest. It’s sporadic, but frustrating when it happens as it takes away from the experience :-/. It’s ljke a shirt crackle 
    Art3mis
    spatton said:
    Same issue, some songs on Quest had buzzing/distortion in right speaker only. Will try to allow full quality song download I suppose...
    Full Quality Song download?
    Is that an option in BeatSaber on the Quest? 
    Wondering, can ju unload and redownload song packs without uninstalling BeatSaber on the Quest?

/J
  • JohanTEAJohanTEA Posts: 17
    NerveGear
    I think the audio issues in Beat Saber are the general audio problems the Quest have.

If i watch a youtube video in the Oculus web browser the sound is crackling and sometimes distorted as it is in BeatS. My guess it's a Quest firmware issue.
  • FlakMagnetFlakMagnet Posts: 169
    Art3mis
    JohSm67 said:
    Ok and did you use it on the Oculus Quest? Another user has reported the same issue as I got with it! Maybe we then will need to RMA the Oculus Quest’s! However other songs sounds ok so it dosn’t make sense...
    Yes, this was on the Quest.
  • sparky5858sparky5858 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Hi, I'm new to this. I just tried beat saber at a friends and I am hooked hooked hooked! Need one! Having said that, I'm trying to research. My question is if I can download my own songs to it? or do we buy playlists from quest? How does this work... :)
  • Dizzy1007Dizzy1007 Posts: 13
    NerveGear
    edited June 25
    Hi, I'm new to this. I just tried beat saber at a friends and I am hooked hooked hooked! Need one! Having said that, I'm trying to research. My question is if I can download my own songs to it? or do we buy playlists from quest? How does this work... :)
    You can buy more playlist or Search the other threads for side loading songs. there are lots of instructions on those pages.
  • sparky5858sparky5858 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Dizzy1007 said:
    You can buy more playlist or Search the other threads for side loading songs. there are lots of instructions on those pages.
    Thanks Dizzy1007, apparently my friend said I don't want to wifi from my phone, too many issues. I should purchase a PC and hardwire like him. He has an amazing set-up. no problems and he adds songs himself.... From reading through the posts I think he's right about the wifi and other related problems. But yes, thanks dizzy, I'm getting alot of great info in helping me figure out what is best for me to invest in. :)