HELP! Completely remove any linked accounts from headset — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

HELP! Completely remove any linked accounts from headset

QanonWarriorQanonWarrior Posts: 1
NerveGear
Hey all.  I love my Oculus Quest but am having some issues.  When I first got it, I signed up via FB and linked it to that account.  I just tried to purchase Creed last night so I could play it with my boy.  It asked for a 4 digit pin which I never remember setting up.  I believe it also asked for a password which I never remember setting up.  So, I created a new account with a different email address than what is used for FB.  I was able to buy Creed through that in my app but it isn't transferring to my headset.  It is like my Oculus headset is binded to my old FB email.  I can't order anything through the headset because it is asking for a PIN I don't remember giving.  I can't connect my new email address to the device so I can't order anything from the App and have it transfer to my headset.  I can't pair a new device because I can't see the numbers in my bottom right hand corner it asks for.  I also tried to go through the settings in the app to remove the headset and can't unlink the FB account headset.  I tried uninstalling the app and clearing the data/cache in the app on my phone.  I couldn't do the factory reset because the options to remove the device weren't available on my app since the headset seems to be no longer paired with my app.

My Oculus account on the PC and on my app seems to be taking my new screen name I made and allowed me to connect my new email to it....but the headset can't seem to be unbound to the original email connected to my FB which was used when I went through the initial setup with the device.  I have no idea what my FB password since I never use it.

Someone help!  I want to give Oculus more money for some games but am stuck and can't do anything. 

Is there a way to completely restore the headset back to factory settings and completely remove any info linking my FB and my Oculus so I can start all over?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Comments

• OculusSupportOculusSupport Posts: 328 Oculus Staff
    Hey @QanonWarrior, you can perform a factory reset using the headset by following these steps:
    1. Turn off your Oculus Quest.
    2. Hold the power and volume (-) button on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
    3. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Factory Reset and press the power button.
    4. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button.
    5. Log in to the Oculus app with the account you'd like to connect to your Oculus Quest headset and setup the device again.
    Thanks!
    -Rick