cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift S Black spots in display

jezbeall
Explorer
I have had my RIft S since the day of release (pre-ordered thru Amazon) and its been fantastic. I put it on today and I had 2 black spots in the view I can only describe as "cigarette burn holes" (like shown at the cinema to change rolls) and 2 white/rainbow teardrops displaying in the same position all the time. Everything else displays as normal. If I close either eye they shift position.
I have tried 3 different PCs and laptops and the result is the same. They appear in the lower third of the display.

Is there a fix or do I need to send them back?

Jeremy
5 REPLIES 5

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
Hey @jezbeall, that sounds unusual. Was the headset display ever exposed to sunlight or other bright light sources? What you're describing sounds like it may be sun damage. Please contact support at https://support.oculus.com with pictures so we can look into this for you. Thanks! -Rick
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

jezbeall
Explorer
No its never seen sunlight (and no bright lights from late night alien abductions that I know of). It lives in my office with the blinds closed. 
I will contact support :neutral:

Anonymous
Not applicable
identical issue here and NEVER exposed to the sunlight 😞

sid1110
Explorer
Hey guys same problem here.. 😞 Jus bought it and it has burnt smoke holes on both the vr eyes. Can anyone suggest me what to do? Thanks

pieri_lamantia
Honored Guest
I have the same issue. any solution?