cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus software Update stucks!!

Jerra89
Protege
Like the title says!
A new Update stucks always at 72% and crushes the whole pc.
Same when i try to repair. It downloadet a bit, stucks, again a few MB, stucks, then stucks complete.
Whats wrong with you Oculus?
8 REPLIES 8

Jerra89
Protege
Now i completly deletet oculus and try to reinstall.
First, the same download problem. Takes over 30 mins vor the damn 7gb. And now it stucks while installing at 50%.

I waste my life with this damn Oculus. think i will send if back if it dont works within the next week.

Johnheyn12
Honored Guest
I am having all the same issues

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just got a Quest.  There is supposed to be an "Automatic Update" switch turned on.  My Oculus App doesn't have that option shown.  Have been in contact with support.  They say reload app, power cycle phone and headset.  Done that twice with no positive result.  I think they know they have a problem and are keeping quiet about ti

wander0055
Honored Guest
I had the same issue, but I found a way to overcome it.
In my case, I cannot do everything(uninstall, repair, re-install) after updating 1.38.
So, I removed all of Oculus software by myself (ProgramFiles, AppData, registry, and system environment variables).
After that, I can install Oculus software.
However, I don't know why but Oculus software update process is started automatically, and it kills Oculus software. Even if I turned off the auto update configuration.

I checked the update log, and it seems that the stuck happens when restarting the Oculus VR Runtime Sevice.
So I made a full backup of Oculus1.37 and overwrote 1.38's "Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-runtime" using the 1.37 backup.
After overwriting, it seems fine.
I guess 1.38's Oculus VR Runtime Service has some issue now.

Jerra89
Protege
Finally its done. Dont know why but after i deleted it completely, ich changed the installation path and it worked.
First i got a installation error but the second try worked.

dmkvrt
Explorer

I had the same issue, but I found a way to overcome it.
In my case, I cannot do everything(uninstall, repair, re-install) after updating 1.38.
So, I removed all of Oculus software by myself (ProgramFiles, AppData, registry, and system environment variables).
After that, I can install Oculus software.
However, I don't know why but Oculus software update process is started automatically, and it kills Oculus software. Even if I turned off the auto update configuration.

I checked the update log, and it seems that the stuck happens when restarting the Oculus VR Runtime Sevice.
So I made a full backup of Oculus1.37 and overwrote 1.38's "Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-runtime" using the 1.37 backup.
After overwriting, it seems fine.
I guess 1.38's Oculus VR Runtime Service has some issue now.

Oculus service launcher 1.38 (not the Oculus VRRuntime Service itself) crashes for some reason on my VR desktop but not on my other desktop. Clean install does not help. We need a fix from Oculus.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Where is technical support Oculsu, is she still asleep? :#

Jerra89
Protege
But the update dont fix the problem that the inside-out cameras go offline sometimes.