New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus Rift S Microphone not working

capitandominikcapitandominik Posts: 1
NerveGear
My Rift S microphone is not working.But the speakers work.I tried to fix it in sound settings of windows but it just doesnt work.
Please help.

Comments

• Suburbantrash666Suburbantrash666 Posts: 15
    NerveGear
    im having the same problem, there havent been any answers yet, people are saying go info the windows privicy settings, but that did nothing for me
  • Shad0w_w0lfShad0w_w0lf Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    same, it was working fine then just stopped. Got kicked from many games because I couldn't speak
  • rVRclosetrVRcloset Posts: 369
    Trinity
    I have this issue in Star Trek..
    Not in other games or apps so far though.
    The Closet Sim Rig
    Aourus Pro Z390 - i7 8086K 32GB Ram - MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio 11GB - Windows 10  / GT Omega WS - NLR V3 - RS6 - Jetseat kw-908 / Fanatec CSW 2.5 / Fanatec ClubSport V3 pedals / Fanatec SQ Shifter 1.5 / Fanatec CS HB V.1.5 / HE SQ Shifter / SHH Shifter / TH8A Shifter / G27 Shifter - Button Box / DSD Button Box / BBJ Button Box / Wind simulator / Rift - S
  • MisterRogersMisterRogers Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    Anyone found a fix for this besides resetting the usb connection? It'll fails again each time.
  • kellyking80kellyking80 Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Tried playing the forest and they said my microphone was horrible - I did a test call on skype and I couldn't hear anything I was saying even though it's turned up to 100 percent
  • iracer99iracer99 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Any progress on this issue?? Very annoying, and seeing so many people having this problem for months, and no solution. Come on Oculus!!
  • KenSniperKenSniper Posts: 183
    Art3mis
    The fixes are all hardware apparently, they had to get theirs RMA'd, I just went with an external mic, not the solution I'd hoped for, but nothing I can do about it
  • dburnedburne Posts: 2,850 Valuable Player
    KenSniper said:
    The fixes are all hardware apparently, they had to get theirs RMA'd, I just went with an external mic, not the solution I'd hoped for, but nothing I can do about it
    Same here, I went with a USB desktop mic as my Rift S Mic was so unreliable with constant drop outs, the Rift S mic is a piece of crap apparently , at least it was for me and obviously many others.
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
  • MPiresMPires Posts: 129
    Art3mis
    dburne said:
    KenSniper said:
    Same here, I went with a USB desktop mic as my Rift S Mic was so unreliable with constant drop outs, the Rift S mic is a piece of crap apparently , at least it was for me and obviously many others.
    I'm in the same boat :(.
    Hoping this have an software solution.