cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I return my Rift S

morningland
Protege
I've been moderately pleased with my Rift S, but I am wondering if I shouldn't have adopted it so early.
Is there any benefit to returning it now while I can and re buying it in a few months when some of the hardware issues are worked out?  Basically I'm wondering if you think Oculus will make hardware improvements over the next couple months and if that is enough reason to return it and wait for those improvements
13 REPLIES 13

LameDuckWarrior
Heroic Explorer
In 2016 the CV1 had the white flashes. When the touch controllers were released, they tore through batteries. There were various issues with tracking. As it turns out through software updates it became the shining beacon of hmd goodness I'm reading in various posts here.

Software and firmware are going to continue to roll out as they hunt and smash bugs. As you can see, I dont post much but I would hate to see others scared away from that which for me with all of the expected bugs (admittedly far less for me) is actually a solid headset under $500.00.

Even the sound is nowhere (imho) as bad as I've read. People dont post when things are good, I get it.

ShocksVR
Superstar

I have been trying to return my Rift S for a week now and support is ignoring me. I have sent them numerous messages and all the tickets are updated as "SOLVED" without a response.
This is not good customer service.

From my understanding, DO NOT CREATE MULTIPLE TICKETS.  Support will merge all your tickets into 1 active ticket and close out the others (perhaps that's why they were marked solved).
i7-7700k, Zotac RTX 3080 AMP Holo (10G), QuestPro, Quest 2
Previous: Oculus GO, Oculus RIFT - 3 sensor Room-scale, Oculus Rift S

patrickbitton66
Explorer

I have been trying to return my Rift S for a week now and support is ignoring me. I have sent them numerous messages and all the tickets are updated as "SOLVED" without a response.
This is not good customer service.

From my understanding, DO NOT CREATE MULTIPLE TICKETS.  Support will merge all your tickets into 1 active ticket and close out the others (perhaps that's why they were marked solved).

Yeah I read that. However, they are not replying to my requests and it's extremely frustrating! I purchased the Rift S as a pre-order and since I received it, it wouldn't work. Opened a ticket with support and they were very responsive at first. Now they are not replying to my requests to return the Rift S.

xSTONEMANx
Expert Protege
That is why I purchased thru Amazon  luckily I don't have any issues or it would be returned.