cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus has detected a problem with your graphics drivers. Rift S Error

tehnibi
Honored Guest
okay so i've had this issue since day 1 of the rift S 

the headset itself works just fine i've tried it in 2 different computers and it works fine

but when its my PC I only get this error at the top of my screen with that message and when I click learn more it takes me to some vulkan api page or something about updating integrated graphics from cpu.. but my cpu does not have integrated graphics with it

I have a 1060 6gb nvidia card it is fully up to date driver wise, i have a i5-9400f cpu 

I have looked and looked for anyone else with this issue but not finding much of anything besides old posts where you had to delete some .json file if you had a amd card at one point but i've never had a amd card 

hoping someone here can point me in the right direction support ticket hasn't helped at all beyond what everyone else always says uninstall/reinstall wait 10 seconds when you plug in the usb... change the port its in (I only have 1 displayport) 

6 REPLIES 6

sraura
Heroic Explorer

tehnibi said:

but when its my PC I only get this error at the top of my screen with that message and when I click learn more it takes me to some vulkan api page or something about updating integrated graphics from cpu.. but my cpu does not have integrated graphics with it

Should not make any difference, but run this anyways.

Anyways I have gtx 1060 6GB and it is working fine nvidia driver 430.86. Yours _should_ too.

tehnibi
Honored Guest
it even ran on my neighbors 1050 which is not supported and it was just fine and that is why this is so maddening 

I haven't tried this intel thing i'll give it a go now

Anonymous
Not applicable
Any luck? I tried disabling Onboard Intel but made no difference.
Ran 3 Repairs and then did DDU and clean Graphics.
I know the latest graphics drivers are ok as were fine yesterday.
Seems a Windows issue has prevented it from waking from USB Suspend and won't connect to the GPU.
As it happens I just uninstalled that Intel Driver helper - later that day it went wrong!

tehnibi
Honored Guest

MAC_MAN86 said:

Any luck? I tried disabling Onboard Intel but made no difference.
Ran 3 Repairs and then did DDU and clean Graphics.
I know the latest graphics drivers are ok as were fine yesterday.
Seems a Windows issue has prevented it from waking from USB Suspend and won't connect to the GPU.
As it happens I just uninstalled that Intel Driver helper - later that day it went wrong!

No luck what so ever.....   I think it has to be my CPU at this point the oculus compatibility tools still do not recognize it 

I have something I will probably try in the morning though and if that works I'll be even more frustrated 

but i'll be trying my graphics card in a PC where the headset works 

tehnibi
Honored Guest
okay so this has nothing to do with my graphics card....  I put my graphic card in a different pc and it worked just fine which makes me extremely frustrated the only thing i can think of is my cpu it has to be something going on with my CPU time to put in another ticket and wait a month for a response.....