cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

White Static Flashes in Rift S

misfitpunish3r
Honored Guest
Hello all,

Wanted to post this in the forums to see of anyone else is having a similar issue, in hopes that I'm not the only one or perhaps someone has already contacted Oculus to see if it's a software issue or not.

I'm having intermittent white (kind of like static) flashes every now and then. They're completely at random and happen in Oculus home and all the VR games I've tried with it (Marvel Powers United, Onward, Blade and Sorcery, Beat Saber)

Any info (other than "I'm not having any issues at all") is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
415 REPLIES 415

john.zigmont
Heroic Explorer
This is my second oculus rift s I got the original replaced with a new one. Same static flashes 2 to 3 an hour everything is up to date. I have tried every suggestion  in the forum this is a oculus software issue I opened a ticket but this far from plug n play more time wasted on trouble shooting then playing.

I tried oculus homeless and this don't work either on both headsets.

D3ft0ne
Protege
Ya i wanted to send my back, but no way , i will just wait until they resolve it, and if not , i am still enjoying this HMD too much to get rid of it.

profanicus
Honored Guest

Zahariel said:

Latest update from my support ticket was to ship out out a replacement cable and then close the ticket as solved. I gave it two days but I'm still getting flashes so I've reopened the ticket and we'll see what they say next. 

Why two days? In case software fixes it?

I received my replacement cable today and got a multi-coloured flash in Google Earth VR after about 10 minutes. Then another one 5 minutes later (very rough estimates). Going to re-open the ticket - wonder if it's now at the back of the queue! 😉

Will be interesting to see if they send replacement Rifts. If they know it's not fixing the problem, it can't be optimal!

mashermets
Explorer
Well my rift s is much better now but still getting a flash every hour or so. They must know what it is to improve it so much through software. Hopefully the next driver and patch combo will fix it completely? How often do they update software (new to oculus and vr) how is everyone else's rift s after update? :smile:

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well my rift s is much better now but still getting a flash every hour or so. They must know what it is to improve it so much through software. Hopefully the next driver and patch combo will fix it completely? How often do they update software (new to oculus and vr) how is everyone else's rift s after update? :smile:

Usually they only update the software once per month but when issues like this arise they step up the updates in an attempt to fix them, so we'll probably have several more updates coming.

And welcome to the forums! 🙂

mashermets
Explorer
Thanks Snowdon :smile: unsure if I should open dialogue with support or just trust they will fix this issue with update? I take it you have the same problem?  

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yup, I have the same problem. Best to contact support though, you never know, they might give us all Store Credit once they sort it all out.

teddan00
Honored Guest
I also have the white static/flash once every 15 minutes or so. I opened a ticked and did everything they asked me to. Did NOT improve it 😕

Anfronie
Protege

teddan00 said:

I also have the white static/flash once every 15 minutes or so. I opened a ticked and did everything they asked me to. Did NOT improve it 😕

Same. 1.38 update didn't fix that issue. Hoping for the next update to fix it!

DDM_Reaper20
Explorer
Ditto. I have those white flashes -- frequency changes, anywhere from every 15 minutes to every hour or so. 
I really hope they fix that in the next firmware update. It's annoying. (Using Oculus Rift S). 

BTW, my update log states that I had first 1.38 and then 1.37. Weird.  😛