New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus reducing focus on true high-end PCVR gaming?

Comments

• RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 3,991 Valuable Player
    kevinw729 said:
    RuneSR2 said:
    Hmmm, like: "Despite his involvement in computing, Sinclair does not use the Internet, stating that he does not like to have "technical or mechanical things around me" as it distracts from the process of invention.[18][19] In 2010 he stated that he does not use computers himself, and prefers using the telephone rather than email.[20]"

No - not the current Sir Clive (the man) - more the company Sinclair:
    - Starting with a kit-build ZX80, supported by hobbyists/prosumers, offering an open-source path. Launching the ZXSpectrum achieving critical claim, but suffering from QA issues. Cutting corners on a sequel, coming out belatedly and being built in partnership and receiving a poor reception (ZX Spectrum+). Previewed at gracious private press events hardware that never materialised or even achieved promise (ZX Microdrive). Promised a sequel system that failed to live up to expectations and came out way later than promised (Sinclair QL). A unusual and poorly lead marketing and internal executive system. Acquired by a larger, but less respected corporation (Amstrad), assets stripped and name vanished - in the face of mass departures of staff and executives (and research). I also glossed over their micro-TV business and the weird moment in the companies history where it launched a electric car [image]!

The Sinclair C5

Sounds much like Commodore - they had it all, and lost it - saw this great movie some months ago - "The Rise and Fall of Commodore", lol - highly recommended:

Next up is Nokia  :D 
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
  • hoppingbunny123hoppingbunny123 Posts: 688
    Trinity
    edited June 17
    about the term flow in the forbes article, i get a sense of that when i use virtual desktop and these settings;

at 50 seconds into the video;

when i play my apex legends game or watch a  video i downloaded on mpc hc, the virtual desktop screen makes it seem like the flow termed in that article. its all i want from vr, just make it better with more resolution and more fps. i wonder if im getting high when i use it since its giving me the flow sensation sometimes?

i mean with enough resolution and sound i could see myself getting tripping high from it! add in chocolate chip cookies and kool aid and now were going high.

snowdog said:
    The C5 was awesome! You can find them on Ebay!
    Even cheaper than the Index - but speed seems lower than my V-Racer Hoverbike... And where to put groceries? 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sinclair-C5-Sinclair-electrically-assisted-trike-tricycle-1980s-iconic-design/163728945948?hash=item261f01731c:g:iasAAOSwjftdA-4E
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

i mean with enough resolution and sound i could see myself getting tripping high from it! 

Gabe is the best pusher - now you're beginning to understand the importance of 144 Hz and increased res  :D I expect my Index-facilitated brain dopamine to cause a great effect!

Image result for atomic explosion head

• bigmike20vtbigmike20vt Posts: 4,089 Valuable Player
    edited June 17
    kevinw729 said:

Its only now that the maths seems to not be working - and the reality of what is needed to compromise on content to work on the SD835,

(tongue partly in cheek comment) I remember right back at the start, oculus promised the quest would offer an oculus rift like experience. At the time I thought this was impossible looking at the horsepower under the hood.

of course, if you move the goalposts and stop pushing oculus content and instead develop quest content primarily and then port to the rift... all of a sudden that "rift like experience" is all the more achievable.

the golden era of the arcade was mentioned earlier and to be honest I WISH that was how things were going to be... it is the right way to do it imo. develop for the best hardware you can, and then scale down to fit the other hardware.

it is clearly doable.  spectrum, c64, they were nothing like the power of the arcades at the time but they got ALL of the arcade games of the era.

from what i can gather it seems oculus are coming at it from the other way... which is more akin to "make a game for the spectrum and then port it to the arcade system".... which no one in their right mind ever did!.
    Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR :)
    edited June 17
    This video is actually quite good imho, explaining why we don't just need a nice res to fool our brains in VR, but that presence requires optimal sound, high frame rate, tracking and more - including great graphics to help the brain perceive depth:

Basically that's why high-end PCVR with great sound, perfect tracking and awesome image quality work so much better when it comes to fooling the brain than lesser solutions. The old Oculus Jedi Masters knew this - that's why CV1 still is so awesome.
    The old Jedi Master weren't trying to make it easy for you move and setup VR, they weren't trying to cut important (sound) corners and maximize profits, they didn't give you untethered freedom by greatly reducing processing capabilities - I believe they had one single goal: to optimize presence to the very best of their abilities. 

• kevinw729kevinw729 Posts: 4,838 Valuable Player
    bigmike20vt said:
    (tongue partly in cheek comment) I remember right back at the start, oculus promised the quest would offer an oculus rift like experience. At the time I thought this was impossible looking at the horsepower under the hood.

of course, if you move the goalposts and stop pushing oculus content and instead develop quest content primarily and then port to the rift... all of a sudden that "rift like experience" is all the more achievable.

the golden era of the arcade was mentioned earlier and to be honest I WISH that was how things were going to be... it is the right way to do it imo. develop for the best hardware you can, and then scale down to fit the other hardware.

it is clearly doable.  spectrum, c64, they were nothing like the power of the arcades at the time but they got ALL of the arcade games of the era.

from what i can gather it seems oculus are coming at it from the other way... which is more akin to "make a game for the spectrum and then port it to the arcade system".... which no one in their right mind ever did!.

I agree with your observation - I think it became obvious when they made that "measured" statement of "Rift Like Experiences" they knew they would be moving the goal posts, and that in reality beyond the key flagship ports, the rest of content would be bottom up to the Rift-S community. I am sure that this forum and others will be filled after OC6 with comments like "hey the quality of these new Rift-S games are less than I had on my CV1?"

You know my bailiwick is arcade - and that I am all about Out-of-Home entertainment (the successor to arcade), and to be frank - those internally that negated any involvement with a Arcade>Consumer roadmap have been exit-ed from the company and new management are turning to Enterprise Entertainment. Not just the CV1 partnerships with VOID, SPACES, Nomadics and Dreamscape, but also some new announcement for OC6 that include Quest-for-arcade. As an old dog in this game I always believed in a amusement-to-home comparison, and was shaken by the naysayers - though having out survived them, I suppose I have some solace. 

The Commodore analogy is apt, how the arcade games sold interest to license onto the consumer platforms - and how in reality Commodore would end up moving into powering arcade hardware - even going full circle to see the first VR arcade machines powered by Amiga's!
    P6ftmuw.jpg
    ** New Book **
    "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities"
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 7,159 Valuable Player
    RuneSR2 said:

i mean with enough resolution and sound i could see myself getting tripping high from it! 

Gabe is the best pusher - now you're beginning to understand the importance of 144 Hz and increased res  :D I expect my Index-facilitated brain dopamine to cause a great effect!

Image result for atomic explosion head

You know I smoked a lot of grass.
    Oh Lord! I popped a lot of pills.
    But I've never touched nothin'
    That my spirit couldn't kill.
    You know I've seen a lot of people walking 'round
    With tombstones in their eyes.
    But the pusher don't care If you live -- or if you die.

God Damn! The pusher.
    God Damn! The pusher.
    I said God Damn! God damn the pusher man.

You know the dealer, the dealer is a man
    With a lump of grass in his hand.
    But the pusher is a monster
    Not a natural man.
    The dealer for a nickel
    Goin to sell you lots of sweet dreams.
    Ah...but the pusher will ruin your body;
    Lord he'll leave your mind to scream.

God Damn! The pusher.
    God Damn! God damn the pusher. 
    I said God Damn! God damn the pusher man.

Well now if I were the president of this land
    You know I'd declare total war on the pusher man.
    I'd cut him if he stands, and I'd shoot him if he run,
    And I'd kill him with my bible, and my razor and my gun....

GOD DAMN! The pusher
    God damn the pusher.
    I said God damn! God damn the pusher man!

B) 
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 7,159 Valuable Player
    kevinw729 said:

Its only now that the maths seems to not be working - and the reality of what is needed to compromise on content to work on the SD835,

The difference though is that the arcade games were created first, sometimes years ahead of their home computer counterparts, and they were completely different markets and the gap in processing power was HUGE. Ever since consoles became a thing developers and publishers have usually had the lowest spec console as the lead platform and ported up to the more powerful consoles. The PS2 was the lead platform on most game development during that gen, the gen after it was the 360 and after that the PS4.

Back in the days when I was testing games we used to play them on the PS3 or PC and have the 360 controllers and button prompts on the screen during the Alpha stage lol :D
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
    snowdog said:
    The difference though is that the arcade games were created first, sometimes years ahead of their home computer counterparts, and they were completely different markets and the gap in processing power was HUGE. 

I would have agreed with you if this only ever happened once - with the 1980's video arcade revolution, but it happened three times - with amusement products being used as a launch pad for a then lateral investment into console.

One of the great examples of a second approach would have been when the System 246 board was developed by NAMCO for amusement, and then through agreement and special development the Playstation was created (even SEGA had a similar positioning with their Model 2a board and the later Dreamcast. We could even claim their was a fourth example with the Second Phase of VR adoption, the extended Amiga being used in the Virtuality hardware, and the SEGA investment into that company that would eventually lead to the aborted attempt to go consumer.

No matter how hard some tried to say it would not happen, we are looking at four straight years of investment and revenue being generated from  Enterprise Entertainment that was previously discounted as not going to happen. Even if the market dried up tomorrow, this has generated serious revenue compared to the situation that consumer finds itself in. And with the announcements due later in the year it seems a number of parties are willing to continue to invest in this business. And as with previous businesses, we are seeing development in the Out-of-Home sector causing reinvestment in a consumer variant.
    P6ftmuw.jpg
    ** New Book **
    "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities"
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959
  • LuciferousLuciferous Posts: 2,208 Valuable Player
    edited June 17
    Look what i downloaded a couple of weeks ago, almost lost my marriage to this bad boy. I had to snap the CD in half at the time. :) Name that Game.

• pyroth309pyroth309 Posts: 1,576 Valuable Player
    edited June 17
    Look what i downloaded a couple of weeks ago, almost lost my marriage to this bad boy. I had to snap the CD in half at the time. :) Name that Game.

Looks like Ultima online but I don't recognize that UI. I'm guessing that was added after I quit. I only played from 97-99. Evercrack made me not want to log into UO anymore lol...but funny enough I was also on Atlantic Server. It was a real Zoo back in those days... UO was a brutal brutal game and they nerfed it around 99 and spoiled it for me. 
  • LuciferousLuciferous Posts: 2,208 Valuable Player
    edited June 17
    Indeed just loaded it for a bit of Nostalgia. I am back in Trinsic but things have changed a lot. New UI, animals, monsters and dungeons all changed. Brought back quite a few memories.
  • LuluViBritanniaLuluViBritannia Posts: 482
    Trinity
    At this point, it's pretty obvious. That doesn't mean they're giving up on it though.
    Oculus aren't supposed to make the games. They can make some, but it's up to developers to build games for the hardware. If the developers don't do it, "high-end games" won't come.

As for the hardware, the fact that they outsourced their new PCVR headset is... quite demonstrating. Again, that doesn't mean they're giving up on PCVR. But as long as I don't see news for an Oculus Rift 2, I'm uncertain of the future of the Rift line...

In all honesty, I didn't like Rubin's answers. But that's just an impression, and I'm all for the obvious "wait&see" philosophy! Hopefully the next OC will shed some light on their strategy.

The Quest is definitely their focus for now. That said... you can't really blame them ^^'. It's their brand new product, it is innovative, and it has a big potential to sell well.
    The Rift-S, on the other hand, doesn't have any potential. Don't get me wrong, it seems like a great headset. But incremental updates can't work for VR hardware. This strategy works for tech that is already widely adopted.
    Current VR results imo:
    - Great small apps. Great ports of bigger games.
    - Great VR-specific features. Not enough showcased!!!
    - Too many actors in the industry, the market is totally broken.

My hopes for VR next gen:

- Better ratio between visual quality and power needs. No more godrays and less SDE.
    - Full Body Tracking.

"If you don't mind, do you want me to take you there? Where dreams come true."
    At this point, it's pretty obvious. That doesn't mean they're giving up on it though.
    As for the hardware, the fact that they outsourced their new PCVR headset is... quite demonstrating. Again, that doesn't mean they're giving up on PCVR. But as long as I don't see news for an Oculus Rift 2, I'm uncertain of the future of the Rift line...
    In all honesty, I didn't like Rubin's answers. But that's just an impression, and I'm all for the obvious "wait&see" philosophy! Hopefully the next OC will shed some light on their strategy.

Thank you for your observations @LuluViBritannia - just some of my own to your point.

While you may feel it is "pretty obvious" I can show you a number of posts on this and other forums where the argument was made that this was not the case and things had not changed. The realisation of a "redefining in direction" is a hard pill for some to take. And lets be frank - no one here seriously thinks OculusVR would be "giving up" its just that not being the main focus hurts some who have invested heavily in PC VR only now to see a second place focus on them.

And this leads me to your main point - the "wait&see" philosophy that the remaining executives execute - I think this is the single most dangerous business strategy that the management utilise. Its a throw back to when certain executives thought they were going to be the new Apple, and so tried to adopt what they perceived was Apples media positioning stance - sometimes called the "spoon feed" approach to information sharing. This has been conflated with a stand-off approach to the "VR community" which some execs feel are a hindrance to their plans, and others feel are dangerous to business initiatives, so prefer the more drastic "Mushroom" approach to information sharing. 

It has been that "wait&see" that has built false expectations and fostered the feeling of disappointment regarding the Rift-S - even though in reality the system is a solid "Side-Grade" its not the system that the "Mushroom" information sharing had alluded too. I know certain executives have already tried the blame the community for "inflated expectations" and you can see that in the executives answers (a reason you may not like them). OC6 is going to be a hard event - as the air of entitlement for respect from the audience, will be defused by an atmosphere of concern in the abilities and focus of those at the helm. 
    P6ftmuw.jpg
    ** New Book **
  • dburnedburne Posts: 2,874 Valuable Player
    These executives bear a lot of the responsibility for creating  these "inflated expectations".

https://www.oculus.com/blog/introducing-the-team-behind-half-dome-facebook-reality-labs-varifocal-prototype/
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
    dburne said:
    These executives bear a lot of the responsibility for creating  these "inflated expectations".

I totally agree - a good point.
    In a phrase I normally would not use - "in their defence"! Many of those involved in these grandiose statements and presentations actually believed this was going to happen.... right up to the surprise appearance of their pink-slip and the security ushering their box carrying butt off FB property. When the con-merchant gets conned, we are all losing!
    P6ftmuw.jpg
    ** New Book **
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 6,780 Valuable Player
    edited June 18
    Usually as tech moves forward it gets better, but in the case of the Rift S all that's better are the lenses and the slight bump in resolution. I expected more then that after 3 years tbh. The tracking on the Rift CV1 compared to Rift S is like night and day, it's so much better on Rift CV1 that I'll worry what to do if my Rift CV1 develops a fault.

RedRizla said:
    Usually as tech moves forward it gets better, but in the case of the Rift S all that's better are the lenses and the slight bump in resolution. I expected more then that after 3 years tbh. The tracking on the Rift CV1 compared to Rift S is like night and day, it's so much better on Rift CV1 that I'll worry what to do if my Rift CV1 develops a fault.

Yeah, this "side-grade" seems a weird policy - though most blame Lenovo, I still think the people that commissioned this process need to take their share of the blame.

After all the comments on this forum over the years, of what the competitor to the Vive Pro would look like from Oculus - I did not expect this. But I am sure there are some people that are enjoying their Rift-S.

Funny, your not the first to mention stockpiling CV1's to deal with the enviable of their original unit failing. 

P6ftmuw.jpg
    ** New Book **
    Trinity
    edited June 18
    we'd all be happy if they just put mechanical ipd into the rift s. but they didnt, they took the lenovo model and lenovo made the cheapest unit they could by removing mechanical ipd.

they say old men gather round and lord over the youth in unseen ways. if that myth is true then it seems that an old person made the decision for no mechanical ipd and didnt know it was a truly catastrophic idea that was really really terrible...cause lucky wouldnt have left it out, never.
    Clearly it is not lenovo at fault (if fault is the right word, i am not sure it is, business is business and oculus believe this is the best way for them to grow).... Oculus obviously signed off on the design, it is not like lenovo would have made this in a closed room with no feedback from oculus.

And as for championing Palmer Luckey..... Sorry but his "being put on a pedestal" days should have ended the moment he sold to Facebook.  Dont get me wrong, I do not blame him, for that money i would have sold...... However He chose to sell out to Facebook and it he knowingly handed over control..... IF he is trying to have it both ways and is being critical of Oculus that is extremely lame.
    Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR :)
  • TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 1,522
    Project 2501
    edited June 18
    we'd all be happy if they just put mechanical ipd into the rift s. but they didnt, they took the lenovo model and lenovo made the cheapest unit they could by removing mechanical ipd.

they say old men gather round and lord over the youth in unseen ways. if that myth is true then it seems that an old person made the decision for no mechanical ipd and didnt know it was a truly catastrophic idea that was really really terrible...cause lucky wouldnt have left it out, never.
    You cannot put mechanical ipd adjustment into a single screen like the Rift S and Oculus Go, only software ipd.  

The better S and Go lens lets more people with narrow to wide ipd's get good results because of the much wider sweet spot.  Albeit that those with 63.5mm ipd will get the very best result.  But not really that much better imho.  I have a Go and a Rift cv1.  My ipd is 67mm and the go still looks great to me.

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti (from my old AGA), 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors, Vive Pro, Vive Cosmos, Vive Wireless.

I had to do some research into the recent statements made by Oculus VR and was struck by this defining comment:

"The VR community must expand to become a viable medium....We believe Quest is the first VR hardware that has potential to do so."

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2019-06-17-oculus-vp-of-content-apologizes-for-roll-out-of-curation-changes

So this is the best illustration to the answer to the OP - yes, they have reduced their focus on [true?] high-end PC VR. The above statement defining their position that PC VR has not proven [in their estimation] a viable medium, and so are focusing on Standalone/MobileVR as the future of their business. The PC legacy has been addressed by offloading that to a partnership with Lenovo - and the focus on game design will be Quest first with an ability possibly to support PC with a "up-scaled" version.

P6ftmuw.jpg
    ** New Book **
  • dburnedburne Posts: 2,874 Valuable Player
    kevinw729 said:
    I had to do some research into the recent statements made by Oculus VR and was struck by this defining comment:

"The VR community must expand to become a viable medium....We believe Quest is the first VR hardware that has potential to do so."

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2019-06-17-oculus-vp-of-content-apologizes-for-roll-out-of-curation-changes

So this is the best illustration to the answer to the OP - yes, they have reduced their focus on [true?] high-end PC VR. The above statement defining their position that PC VR has not proven [in their estimation] a viable medium, and so are focusing on Standalone/MobileVR as the future of their business. The PC legacy has been addressed by offloading that to a partnership with Lenovo - and the focus on game design will be Quest first with an ability possibly to support PC with a "up-scaled" version.

I fully agree with that.
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
    Trinity
    edited June 19
    what did facebook mark zuckerberg, nice name btw, say about vr? 10 billion users or some vast number? let me google it;
    2.6 million in 2017

so they arent selling vr rifts in the millions they had hoped they would. but they did start a goldrush fever among other companies hoping to profit too.

a rule of thumb, if your not smelling what theyre selling then theyre not going to buy from you either. you need to show them they are your friends, by going out of your way to overcome obstacles just so you help them and they help you.

now with a high price tag entry fee nobody's going out of their way to go befriend the vr enthusiast market, even young people. and to top it off the competition to oculus isnt making it cheaper which is what the consumer wants, theyre making it harder to buy by going premium. thus the competition is suffocating the vr market even further by restraining the general public from feeling fraternity that theres something good there in vr.

now because the competition is going premium theyre not bring the prices down so the customers have nowhere to turn so if oculus/facebook wants to revive the customers interest they have to go even more cheap then they are now, giving the premium product for a low price that the customer wants from the competition but arent getting from them.

something crazzy like lowering the quest half price, go gonzo and show the customer hey i like you lets go have a party and in the coming years you can upgrade to the premium product we have coming out in the rift 2.

watch me make some buddies in the apex legends game, this is what im talking about;

That is nice and all but who is going to pay for it?  TBH I do not think you are being at all realistic.
    Oculus ARE going for the "bringing the price down" so the masses can jump in, hell that is what many people are annoyed at (not that they are bringing the prices down, but that they are ONLY looking to support hardware aimed at bringing the prices down at the moment).

Oculus are not our friends, and we are not theirs...... They are ultimately here to make money, and taking a potentially $150 hit on every unit they sell does not sound sensible to me.
    Trinity
    i know what you mean but your not talking like a salesman selling a product but a boss talking over me. salesmen might know what im talking about. you have good intentions but this is a hemorrhaging industry the competition like hp is making the death of vr closer not farther away and oculus needs to step it up. and yes, friendship or the belief in friendship is vital to salesmanship.
    edited June 19
    Oculus are not our friends, and we are not theirs...... They are ultimately here to make money, and taking a potentially $150 hit on every unit they sell does not sound sensible to me.

Very well observed - there has been too much emotional investment by some that think that the company they backed in 2013 is the same company that is trying to see a return on their $3b investment today. Though does not mean we can not still be nice and share the aspirations to grow a VR community, but the hard facts are that the company is here to make money and are not our friends. So sometimes they will throw previous customers under the bus if it means chasing the more profitable goal!
    P6ftmuw.jpg
    ** New Book **
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 14,631 Valuable Player
    Here's a much better question:
    Does High-End VR Gaming even exist?

I would argue: No.

DISCUSS! 
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
    Well, low-end VR gaming like GearVR, Go and Quest certainly exists. I'd say that games requiring high end hardware like Seeking Dawn and Hellblade are nice examples of high end VR gaming.