Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest Build 256550.6170.0 Release Notes

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • Various performance improvements
  • Updated Guardian sensitivity to be more in line with Rift
If you encounter any issues with this software release, please reach out to customer support. If you have any feature requests or suggestions to make the Oculus software even better, please head over to our UserVoice page to share your feedback. Thanks for your continued help!
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
135 REPLIES 135

MountainDog12
Protege
My headset says it has Build 256550.6170.5. I am not sure how new this is but, all of a sudden i am having difficulties with the guardian. The stationary circle is so small(3 ft?) that it is unusable & the room scale has to be drawn & redrawn 5 or 6 time before it accepts it. Also while being in the guardian, i keep getting messages to return to the guardian. For me, this used to be flawless, not quite so anymore...

CJChild
Honored Guest
I finally got the update to go by leaving the headset on while charging.  After about 3 hours,  the update showed up. (I usually power it down when I'm not using it) Now I'm having issues with losing control of my controllers during game play and the field of view. Also, games are crashing. I wish I hadn't done the update now. 

gpcustom
Explorer
Perhaps its just me but what the hell happened today. I just watched an update to audio go through and now not only is my audio been turned off to my right ear but I can't access my app library. Hey OCULUS,..Do you know whats going on here?

EagleFort
Explorer

Sorry, but is there a 256550.6170.5 firmware released?  There is a post under support about it,  but the Quest forum makes no mention of it.I have this version

globalmatador
Explorer

Do anyone know if this update helps the freezing controller problem?

it's not fixed for me. I just checked that I'm on the latest firmware and my right controller position still randomly freezes until i remove the batteries and reinsert them

EagleFort
Explorer
256550.6810.0 here !!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Someone on reddit received v256550.6810.0 - but I don't see that on here (?) is there a changelist?

enigma01
Trustee

diomark said:

Someone on reddit received v256550.6810.0 - but I don't see that on here (?) is there a changelist?

Just left my Quest on sleep for an hour untouched then restarted and noticed I too have v256550.6810.0. Would be great if the Oculus phone app, or a pop on on the headset display informed of updates and what the release notes are!

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support

enigma01 said:

diomark said:

Just left my Quest on sleep for an hour untouched then restarted and noticed I too have v256550.6810.0. Would be great if the Oculus phone app, or a pop on on the headset display informed of updates and what the release notes are!

Our most recent update contains improvements to tracking which also makes Guardian even more precise.

enigma01
Trustee

Our most recent update contains improvements to tracking which also makes Guardian even more precise.

Well I’ve actually been experiencing tracking being worse since the update... when playing Beat Saber sometimes my right Saber is no where near where my controller is. It’s actually making the game unplayable.