cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t Reach Oculus Runtime after 1.38 Update

MrSheppard
Protege
My Rift S functioned fine until last night where the 1.38 Update was downloaded.
Today, i only get "Can’t Reach Oculus Runtime" message with the suggestion to restart my PC or try repairing the installation. 
So i went and tried the repairing process. After it was done, the headset worked again.
The next day, the Oculus software automatically started the 1.38 update.
After this update the same message mentioned above showed up again.

I suspect this update broke the RuntimeVR service which can not start anymore.
I hope i can get some help.
72 REPLIES 72

V12-StevenX
Protege

pcfarrar said:

I got 1.38 fully working, all you need to do is get a copy of the old 1.37 "OVRServiceLauncher.exe" and copy it over the new 1.38 version. Once that's done the service will start and everything works fine. Using the older version of OVRServiceLauncher doesn't seem to cause any problems.

Pcfarrar can You share a 1.37 version of OVRServiceLauncher.exe? .. Now oculus downloadable installer is at 1.38 version.. and i think is a problem because the OVR that the installer create is a 1.38 version... that is bugged ...and is impossible to replace with an older 1.37 (i don’t have a backup of the file unfortunately).

many thanks in advance.

pcfarrar
Protege

Anonymous
Not applicable

pcfarrar said:

dropped that in and rebooted and it's working for me now.  Thanks!

Dryair
Honored Guest

pcfarrar said:

Mezqa said:

lineCT said:

Run OVRServer_x64.exe in the \Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-runtime folder, & put Oculus on the head.

I´m doing, but nothing happen. 
I can´t execute either OVRServiceLauncher.exe
I wait for the support answer.

I’ve posted the 1.37 OVRServicelauncher.exe on the oculus subreddit. You can download it, replace the 1.38 version and you’ll be fully working again.

Thank you so very much! Everything works fine with your 1.37 file. 🙂

Turbonerokf
Protege
Scrivi il tuo commento
Hi, who of you stopped the update halfway and got stuck with the orange LED on? How did you solve it?
Thank you

Mezqa
Honored Guest

pcfarrar said:

I can´t replace the file. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Rename it then copy over the other. You don't even have to stop the old one to rename it. Then either Reboot OR use OTT to Restart it. e.g.
OVRServiceLauncherOLD137.exe

Personally I didn't need that trick but tried it out regardless for my Blackscreen but failed to fix.

V12-StevenX
Protege

pcfarrar said:

Many thanks!
Can you remember to us the correct path where is located OVRService Launcher.. so we're pretty sure to overwrite correctly? 

pcfarrar
Protege

pcfarrar said:

Many thanks!
Can you remember to us the correct path where is located OVRService Launcher.. so we're pretty sure to overwrite correctly? 

You need to put it in "C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-runtime"

V12-StevenX
Protege

pcfarrar said:

pcfarrar said:

Many thanks!

You need to put it in "C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-runtime"

Thanks!!!!!! ... I Hope all works properly until official fix... and maybe i hope official support write soon... the problem is great and affect many users....