cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V-Racer Hoverbike - awesome racing game!

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Just tried my favorite VR racing game, but I'm not a great fan of sims - and this isn't a sim 😄  

The graphics are quite good, and of course solid 90 fps are best. On my rig (see my sig) I could set super sampling to 1.6 and max out all other settings and get 90 fps. But setting super sampling to 1.6 in-game isn't the same as getting ss 1.6 in Oculus Tray Tool 😉 Super sampling in-game can be set to values like for example 1.6, 2, 3 and 4. 4 is the same as ss 2.0, while 3 = ss 1.75 and 2 = ss 1.4. 1.6 is probably = ss 1.2. 

No matter what I did, I couldn't get solid 90 fps using ss 2.0 (= "4" in-game), but ss 1.75 (="3") was ok if I disabled (or set to the lowest) all other settings. This wasn't bad - using ss 1.75 you don't need antialiasing (much), and shadows, bloom etc. aren't really important settings in this game. 

The game can be found here - seems to be the most popular racing game on Steam right now:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/668430/VRacer_Hoverbike/

If you have a GTX 1080 (RTX 2060) or better, I'd recommend setting super sampling in-game to 3 (=ss 1.75) and then disable (set to the lowest) all other graphics settings. You can try to max out everything and still keep in-game ss to 3, the fps counter will now measure 45 fps, but the game still performed nicely - I wonder if the game supports asw 2.0. 

This game is played seated only, and probably best seated in a couch, because you need to lean all the way left or right. Using a normal chair you risk falling, but a couch is perfect 😉

This game isn't for VR beginners - I'd recommend it only to seasoned VR users. This game is fast and there're 360 degrees loops on some tracks - if you're prone to VR nausea, this game probably isn't for you. But it's the most awesome racing experience I've had for a long time - maybe ever, lol.  

Some in-game screenshots (click to enlarge) - yes the game looks this good - and no, a 2080 Ti isn't wasted on this game  B)

341xrdz89u0i.jpg
gvh6piad4siz.jpg

Check out the road textures here - quite awesome, right?
ggz4545ssjdt.jpg

g8yd3bt4mrgs.jpg
crrsfyq7ys96.jpg

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

41 REPLIES 41

saami81
Rising Star

MowTin said:

When do you use the brake?

When you want to slow down 🙂 In more serious note, similar way as in other racing games. Hard braking before corner. You want to have fastest possible entry speed while still maintaining apex and being able to hit throtle as soon as possible.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Looks amazing!

I may just make my triumphant return to Motorcycle gaming... after a several decade hiatus from Excite Bike!

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Zenbane said:

Looks amazing!

I may just make my triumphant return to Motorcycle gaming... after a several decade hiatus from Excite Bike!

Hmmm, kinda puts things into perspective - I grew up with such games. My sons are going to grow up with this:

Image result for v-racer hoverbike
My 7-year-old wants to play, maybe I should have a bucket on the floor... Hmmm... 

BTW, I do have another hoverbike, it's also quite cool, but it's no V-Racer - or is it... ?! 😮 B) Like V-Racer this one requires a 2080 Ti or better for solid 90 fps with all graphics settings maxed - using a CV1 that is:

https://youtu.be/XW17kQ1CFNY

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD

Wildt
Consultant

Zenbane said:

Looks amazing!

One of the first games I had on my NES as a wee boy :smile:
PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
WMR: HP Reverb

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
What is the multiplayer like does it have a lot of players? I'm of those people who hated Wipeout and I'm not sure why, but this looks different somehow.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

RuneSR2 said:

Zenbane said:

Looks amazing!

Hmmm, kinda puts things into perspective - I grew up with such games. My sons are going to grow up with this:

Image result for v-racer hoverbike
My 7-year-old wants to play, maybe I should have a bucket on the floor... Hmmm... 

BTW, I do have another hoverbike, it's also quite cool, but it's no V-Racer - or is it... ?! 😮 B) Like V-Racer this one requires a 2080 Ti or better for solid 90 fps with all graphics settings maxed - using a CV1 that is:

https://youtu.be/XW17kQ1CFNY

I take it back - you actually don't need a 2080 Ti to enjoy Ground Runner Trials with max graphics. Just spent 1 hour in Ground Runner Trials, and although I'm sure it was 45 fps asw 2.0 it totally felt like 90 fps. And I maxed out all graphics settings - including 8xMSAA and forced ss 2.0. Admitted, 8xMSAA may be overkill, but if it works... Actually had an awesome time in the game - highly recommended! In this game you can fire guns, rocket launchers and more while riding your hoverbike, so it's not racing, but more like a first person shooter. 

pyroth309
Visionary

Wildt said:

Zenbane said:

Looks amazing!

One of the first games I had on my NES as a wee boy :smile:

Same here. Though I played Stunt Cycle on Atari before that lol. 

here's some state of the art  (in 1976) graphics!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeHYrOOjYsA

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
 😮  😮 😮 😮  😮  😮 😮 😮  😮  😮 B) jxfu7ri8aiks.jpg 

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
^^^

Saw that on Facebook. Absolutely fantastic!

Oops01
Protege
I love the racing element of it but I'm not so keen on the shooting side of this, I wish someone would make a VR version of moto 19 or one of the serious bike sims. I know there is GP bikes and the feeling of racing is amazing but there is no campaign in it and also its very hard to get an online game.