New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Can't add payment method

Comments

• RazorTimeRazorTime Posts: 12
    Brain Burst
    Same here, I also want to buy some games and pick up a third sensor which I ordered on the 10th of December. I just hope it can be fixed so that the sensor can get shipped out to me in time for Christmas. 
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    This is a unique issue, so if you need help you'll have to contact us personally. Thanks.
    https://support.oculus.com/
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • RazorTimeRazorTime Posts: 12
    Brain Burst
    It seems customer support has fixed my account. Thank you.
  • Wasabi3578Wasabi3578 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I just got my Rift and bought some games the first day with no issues.  The next day the payment method was blank so I tried to link my PayPal account,"Fail".  I then tried 3 different CC's "Error, Credit Card information Invalid".  I called my CC companies and PayPal.  No issues on my end.  Here is the response I received from OculusHello George,

Thank you for your patience in hearing back from us. We appreciate your time and perspective with this matter.

I have just discussed with my team and after extensive review we have verified that we will not be able to provide assistance with adding a payment method to your Oculus account.

We are unable to go into specific detail as to why, and do apologize for any inconvenience or frustration this may cause.

Thank you.

Sophie
    Oculus Support

How does a company stay in business if they can sell their products and have poor customer service?

• OculusRift333OculusRift333 Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Having the same problem with trying to add credit cards.  I was finally able to add a credit card but it won't let me purchase anything with it!  I'm in contact with Support but so far they haven't been able to help.  It's very frustrating as we just want to be able to purchase games!  We are trying to give them money but they don't seem to want it!
  • CamrenLenoverCamrenLenover Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I LEGIT MADE A PAYPAL    STILL ISNT WORKING!!  ABOOUT TO RETURN IT!

• 126537566vg126537566vg Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Until today (April 2018), it still shows that there is an error in adding my cc or PayPal acct. Idk what I can do... like return the VR and ask for a refund? lol I can't play anything on it
  • d4vidbruced4vidbruce Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Can't purchase any products with any credit card on the Oculus site. "There was a problem trying to add this credit card. Please try again or use a different payment method."
  • chris.britton.94chris.britton.94 Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    Unable to purchase a Oculus Go using ANY payment methods.
  • edmgedmg Posts: 1,199
    Wintermute
    I bought an Oculus Go yesterday. First it asked my for my credit card details, I entered the same one I always use, and it told me it couldn't add that one, which rather makes sense because Oculus already have those details tied to my account.

So I went back to the checkout page and tried to buy it again, and the second time it didn't ask for any credit card details and let me buy it with that one. Seems like the left hand of the website doesn't know what the right hand is doing.
  • chris.britton.94chris.britton.94 Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    I can confirm edmg’s solution worked for me too: add your credit card as a payment option to your Oculus user profile THEN proceed to order your Oculus hardware using the same credit card info. For some reason, it needs to be defined in both places in order for it to work: Oculus user profile AND hardware order. Oculus Go is on its way!
  • ocuSayR0nocuSayR0n Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Following solution worked for me: start Firefox without add-ons / in save mode!!

I'm using Firefox with few add-ons like NoScript, uBlock, Adnauseam. After trying for two days to add a credit card, creating an account, adding a payment method in the account, which also was impossible, I whitelisted the site in all those add-ons. Again same problems. In the end I started FF in save mode (all add-ons disabled), and tried again....guess what, in order process add credit card error did NOT occur! Expecting my Go in 7 days.
    Note, in cart delivery says 3 days but when ordered it takes 7 days!
  • greenben101greenben101 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    2018 and issue still exists!? Trying to buy Drift but won't recognise my postcode,you'd swear they didn't want my money!
  • XeXXeX Posts: 19
    Brain Burst
    Same problem here, and support gives me nothing at all for now, i have no problems with steam, this is so frustrating
  • hank.squiershank.squiers Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    edited January 2019
    It's now 2019 and I too am experiencing the same problem with being able to add a credit card to my account. I successfully added a Paypal account, but then I get another error when I put in the PIN saying that my information is wrong. The Oculus Support team is really slow to reply (2-3 days between replies) and I'm feeling like their sales model and support revolves around getting people to buy the product and not supporting those who have already trusted the company enough to make the purchase. I've provided screenshots of each step of the process, done everything they suggested (made sure it wasn't my banking house), and I'm still holding a product where I can only access a fraction of the content. Oculus: this is how you fail on a product. You are losing my trust and I expected better. Fix this.

raphQL server responded with error 2078016: A problem occurred when trying to complete your request. This can be caused by entering incorrect information or trying to complete an unauthorized action.

If this issue continues, please visit Oculus Support to get help.

• hobinmhobinm Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    yep, same issue started about a month ago. when I received a new card  to replace a lost one. basically removed the old card from my account. and went and put in the info from the new card and now get the same error as you guys saying a error occurred trying to complete your request. I checked with my bank  and it fine on my end and told there was no verification request coming from oculus at all which usually happens when you add a payment method to an online merchant and they verify the card is active. do the issue is definitely on oculus's end. so I cant buy any new apps for my go. and I have been planning on getting a rift s for my new pc. but  this whole thing is making me re think it and maybe get the new valve or htc vr headset instead.
  • QVR-DudeQVR-Dude Posts: 32
    Brain Burst
    I know this won't be ideal for everyone...

step 1: On my Quest, I reset to factory settings with these directions:

A. turned off headset

B. held the power and volume(-) button down simultaneously until boot
    screen in headset appears

C. navigated to factory reset with the volume button

D. re downloaded the Oculus App. onto a different phone(Android) and
    paired up the headset through that, going through each step

----the above instructions for a factory reset were submitted by Cybereality--

What I did that failed...

My headset was initially set up in my name with my credit and debit cards(also in my name).
    With this setup, I could add no payment methods except a PayPal account which failed as
    soon as it got to the list of cards I put on that PayPal account.  I was also setup
    with an account outside of FaceBook(Opting not to link my account to it)

What I did(changed) that worked...

1.  After I started over by factory resetting my headset with the steps above, I downloaded
    the Oculus App on a phone owned by a friend and paired it up on his. 
    2.  That same friend put the headset in his name, completely excluding me from the profile.
    3.  When I had to connect to wifi, I connected to his cable modem at his place.
    4.  When it asked me to add a payment plan,  I used a credit card that was IN MY NAME with
    credit a line of 450.00 dollars and it received it without a problem.

VERY IMPORTANT TO UNDERSTAND...

THE GLITCH IN THE OCULUS PAYMENT METHOD IS NOT THAT IT INCORRECTLY EXCLUDES
    BANKS AND THE PEOPLE WHO'S NAMES ARE ATTACHED TO THE CARD NUMBERS OF THOSE
    BANKS. 

THE GLITCH IS THAT OCULUS PAYMENT SOFTWARE IS SHUTTING OUT THE
    PROFILES OF PEOPLE BASED ON THEIR OCULUS/FACEBOOK PROFILE NAME AND
    HOW OCULUS, THE VR COMPANY AND FACBOOK, THE SOCIAL NETWORK COMPANY ARE ALLOWED
    TO RELATE!!!  IT SEEMS TO BE THE CASE!!

I REALLY HOPE THIS HELPS SOMEONE!

• d3mon1cald3mon1cal Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    bro any update? i'm still having this problem! :pensive:
  • ReignendtReignendt Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    This is a unique issue, so if you need help you'll have to contact us personally. Thanks.
    https://support.oculus.com/
    I can't find any contact info from this page. Where can I go to fix this issue today?
  • jedinatjedinat Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited July 2019
    I'm having the same issue. Could only get it to work after deleting my account and starting over using someone else's phone. Then the problem came back and support is not fixing it.
  • RedSpace28RedSpace28 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    its been 3 fucking years and still no fix for this
  • denareadenarea Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    same problem still excists

• ElexW40ElexW40 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Why isn’t the app letting me add my visa gift card when all it needs is a zip code but when I put one in it says it’s the wrong zip code.
  • lobsterpoptartlobsterpoptart Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    it keeps saying "we are unable to add your payment method" what does that mean? I literelly went through hell to get the oculus quest only to be unable to play games
  • Olsson86Olsson86 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Hi i am having the same problem and its been the same for about 6 weeks, this is getting silly now, what is being done? when will it be fixed? ever? how do we get round this issue 
  • Scater90Scater90 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    2020 and I am having the same problem... Support could not help me.
  • Nigward2kNigward2k Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Febuary 2020 and I have had the same problem for weeks I tried factory resetting it and downloaded it on 3 seperate phones and tried to login on 2 different computers (Not at once) and I still have nothing I am very upset and dissapointed since it's such a good product but the support is terrihle and takes them too long to respond smh.
  • richardgolfrichardgolf Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Hi does anyone knows how to solve this?
  • MradrMradr Posts: 4,179 Valuable Player
    edited June 2020
    Hi does anyone knows how to solve this?
    Please add what you have done so far here: https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/55221/i-cant-add-payment-method-to-my-account/p3 - but don't include any personal information. Please still send in a ticket for in the mean time as they can still help manually get you put in. The more people that post there the more we can either nail down the issue or at least have a bigger voice to get it fix. Thanks.
  • moetheboss719moetheboss719 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    So basically, Oculus can't figure out how to allow gift cards as payments? Great I just paid a shit load of money for my son to have an overpriced paper weight? I've been trying to add a gift card to his account and kept getting an error about my zip code.
    Let me know if there was ever a fix for this BS